Reactive Arthritis Flare Up

clairc
clairc Member Posts: 90
edited 26. Nov 2009, 11:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi!

I joined the foum in the summer when I was diagnosed with Post Strep Reactive Arthritis. I had been slowly improving but it looks like it's flared up again. My right knee is very painful and swollen, my right hip is sore and my right arm is stiff and painful too.

A GP came out to see me on Tuseday and prescribed penecillin and tramadol for the pain but yesterday I started itching all over (a side effect of the tramadol I think) so I haven't taken any more tramadol and have gone back to using 8mg co-codamol but it isn't helping with the pain very much.

Yesterday I phoned the helpline for advice and they recommended I speak to my rheumatologist but I don't have one. I phoned the GP surgery, arranged an urgent referral and I've now booked an appointment for Tuesday morning. Hopefully they will be able to help me. I think I've suffered with this condition for the past 20 years on and off. When I was a teenager I was diagnosed with ME/CFS but I had several relapses where I had severe pain in my knees that no-one could explain.

If anyone else here had got any good tips for coping with Reactive Arthritis I'd love to hear them! Thanks!

Clair

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello,
    Sorry you'r not too well at the moment. I just wondered if you could be allergic to the anti-biotic. Have you asked your GP if that might be the cause? Just a thought! :wink:

Hope you get sorted and feel better soon.