WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
harleyd14
harleyd14 Member Posts: 259
edited 29. Nov 2009, 09:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
i don't believe it, i applied for ESA on 2.11.09, got my boxing gloves ready for a fight because of what everyone has been saying about blood and stone etc etc.....and i get a letter through this morning saying i've been awarded ESA on Contribution and Income Related at £100.95 per week :D am feeling really chuffed. Just thought i would post this as i know a lot of peeps out there are getting in a tiz about this, but i havent had the medical or work placed interview yet, that will come i am sure.....but i am just feeling really good at the moment. means i can go out and buy some FOOD as we have been living on fresh air for the last week !!! YIPPPPEEEEE !!!
i hope this gives some hope to someone else who is applying.
All my love, Sally.xxxxx :D

Comments

• maccajo
    maccajo Member Posts: 47
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thats great news, well done you, enjoy your grub :lol:
    Jo x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Great news Sally :D:D:D

I hope you are having yourself a banquet today :lol::lol:

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Congratulations SAlly

Nice to hear good news about esa
    :lol::) Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sally,

:D:D:D:D Really glad they do still get it right now a days. Good on you! Its nice to see some positive stuff about this. Cris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    Options
    HI Sally
    Well done you!!
    Enjoy your weekend
    and can you lend us a fiver :?: :wink:
    Love
    Toni x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Thats great news! :D You'll have to celibrate this weekend. Its really a question of enjoying the good bits in life when they come along - and this is definetlly one of the Good Bits! :lol::D:D:D

Love Sue
  • harleyd14
    Options
    thank you all so much for your nice words, i just really hope my luck encourages others that sometimes esa happens quickly....and yes Toni i will lend you a fiver any time.xx
    thanks my buddies
    love Sally.xxxxx :D
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,944
    Options
    Hi Sally.
    i'm so pleased you've got it
    here's to a lovely xmas for you enjoy.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    i hope you have put a few little treats in you shopping basket xxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • harleyd14
    Options
    i did indeed bertyboy, i did indeed !!!! :D:D:D
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    I too am delighted to hear your good news and glad to hear you've had a little treat too.
    rita :)
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Sally

Good for you!!! You'll be called for your medical soon and I think that's where a lot of people have had it taken it off them. Don't worry about it. I would get a letter from your GP to take with you as some people have said that they don't always contact your GP and let's face it your GP will know more about you than a medical examiner who only sees you for 20 minutes!!! I was awarded it last year and my medical went ok so it's not all bad news.

Regards
    Sharmaine
  • tillytot41
    tillytot41 Member Posts: 48
    Options
    Well done on your news i was awarded ESA in May and after the medicals didnt loose mine at all infact they put the money up a bit more.Ive had quite a positive experience with it really except ive had two whole months where the money didnt go in at all but when i called them about it it was sorted in a few days so you do need to keep a watch on them.I also go to work related interviews once a month but couldnt go to yesterdays one as i was just too poorly,i do find those interviews quite hard as i really am terribly unwell and cant face even talking about working as it starts me off crying!!!
    Hope you've enjoyed ur treats :)
    Ali xx