heating not working offers of warm hugs welcome!

Options
2»

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sue,

Oh hell thats just wrong! He should have tested it before he left. I really hope they come back tonight and that you are all warm enough there? Wish I was nearer you and would let you have a couple of very good cheep to run back up fires. You take care wrap up and I hope they actually do mend it soon. Luv Cris x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    If it was me, think I might bite someone out of sheer frustration! You are having a game with them...............tear a few strips off them!
    Warm huggies for you, wish I was closer, too - I've still got some Calor gas heaters which work a treat.

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Suzser

I hope you will all have a nice warm house soon.

these are for you (((((((warming hugs)))))

love Trisher xxx
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Options
    I hope they have got you sorted, its no joke being without heating and hot water in this weather with arthur and a poorly child.

All that waiting for them makes you mad as well!!!!

Hugs

Deb x
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    the housing people are now actually being abit more supportive, they have rung the heating people for me to.
    i guess it's back to waiting again now. they said they come out either later today or tomorrow and seen as it's gone 8pm now they will obviously be here tomorrow now.
    i just cannot believe they can leave me like this though.
    but as my hubby keeps saying, theres nothing i can do and moaning won't help!
    thank you again for all being so supportive and caring, it's really nice to know you all care.
    sue
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Sue

I keep checking this thread in the hope that you have finally got some heat but I'm sorry to see this is still not the case.

Do hope they finally get it done tomorrow. Am sending warm hugs for tonight as it is so cold here and hope this helps too:

d058.gif

Chris xx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hi Suzster.
    Have you had your heating mended yet? I do hope so. Have only just caught up on your thread I'm afraid. It must have been a nightmare for you both. How's Ellie's cold. She does sound poorly. Hope you have explained that to your Housing Assoc people.

Good luck an dhope it gets sorted soon.

Joy
  • suzster
    Options
    not heard anything as yet. it's frosty outside to, so the fan heaters are on high to try to keep the house warm ish.
    both ellie and sarah now have nasty colds, sarah was coughing all night, so not only am i cold i'm also shattered, if it's not sorted today then the wrath of sue will be released!
    sue
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    What a c**K up!What made him think he had fixed it? I thought it was sorted!
    Sarahs cold might be a symptom from the swine flu injection. My son was the same after his, plus he was sick at school one day and they made us take him home.
    Let us know how you get on today
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • suzster
    Options
    i did wonder if her cold was from the swine flu jab, she is due her 2nd jab this week, i'll have to check with the nurse that it's ok for her to have it.
    as for heating bloke yesterday, he changed the part that they thought was the problem, then he fired up the heating and i guess because it was making the right noise he thought it was working and left, i thought it was fine to until i realised we had no hot water.
    oh, well here i sit waiting for another engineer!
    sue
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sue,

I really hope they have got it up and going for you now, its too cold for just 2 fan heaters. I hope you all are soon roasting and that Sarah and Ellie are soon better and you get a good night.

Do you or Elizabeth know if they give the swine flu jab if you already got a cold? I had this one for months now and I supposed to have t with my blood test on Friday.

Anyway hope your soon warm. Luv Cris x
  • suzster
    Options
    the law of **** is really having fun today!
    sarah went down for a sleep earlier, then i heard her coughing, i ran in to find her struggling to breath, picked her up and she threw up all over me, i whisked her through to my room to get something to try to catch anymore, but to late! it went on my bed, the floor and well, everywhere, then, the doorbell rang!
    i whipped off my top and grabbed the nearest clean one, put it on and ran to the door, it was the heating engineer (who was supposed to ring me when he was on his way) he has found what hopefully is actually wrong with the boiler and say's that they need to pick up a part and they'll fix it in the morning, well before 12 midday.
    so fingers crossed this time tomorrow i'll have working heating, the bad news? well due to no heating i'm struggling to get clothes dry, i have nothing to put on except my pj's!!
    argh!!!
    sue
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi Suzster
    You are living a nightmare right now!Lets hope this is sorted today as it is really cold.Is Sarah improving?My son was sick from all the phlegm(apologies) so they achool reckon.
    How have you enjoyed your time in the Victorian age?
    Let us know how things are...
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • suzster
    Options
    poor sarah is really struggling. the phlegm was what made her sick yesterday.
    last night she got really scared because she was struggling to breath again, the gunk gets stuck in her throat and she doesn't know how to get rid of it. she's really tired and now she doesn't want to eat. she refused breakfast which is unheard of for her, sje loves food!
    but she's drinking still so thats good.
    i'm at the not sure whether to take her to dr's or not point. she has only been to the dr's twice in her life and both times for nasty colds, but i always come away feeling like a paranoid mum because the dr always say's "her chest is clear, it's just a cold, nothing we can do"
    but it's horrible to see her struggling so much and i think the heater fans dry out the air which isn't helping her.
    heating engineer is supposed to be here before 12, so fingers crossed!
    the immersion heater isn't working either now soi can't get any hot water at all.
    those poor victorians, it really does make you appreciate central heating, not that i can remember what it's like any more!
    sue
  • tkachev
    Options
    Yeah you never know if they are going to be negative towards you.I remember my daughter(the 23 year old) struggled with breathing difficulties when she was 6 &7 and after a couple of nasty,worrying moments and missed school she was diagnosed with asthma.I felt so guilty but you just dont want to be classed as a paranoid mum.
    E

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Sue, sorry that your nightmare continues, I have found that moaning helps alot, I would keep getting on to the heating company, tell him your daughter is getting really ill without the heating, I think, in my opinion, your daughter needs to see a gp she might need antibiotics or something love Jaspercatxx
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi Sue
    Are you still suffering? Have you run out of clothes yet?Let us know how you are all doing....
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • suzster
    Options
    at last my heating was fixed yesterday, the boiler has been fine but my water seems to be very much hotter than before, i guess i'll have to speak to the heating people about it!
    i have complained to heating people regarding the way i've been treated, the length of time it has taken to fix my heating ect, they have offered me £20 towards the electric bill due to having to use fan heaters for so long, hmm, generous, not!
    as for my toddler, sarah, i think her cold is coming out now as her nose has started running, cough seems a bit better today , so hopefully she's on the mend.
    i think the dry heat from the fan heaters was aggravating her cough.
    thanks everyone for your support and for listening to my moans!
    sue (who is much more cosy warm today!)
  • tkachev
    Options
    Glad you are warm again. £20 seems mean for a week of non-heating.They prob wont care about your daughters health issues unless a GP supports you, but these fan heaters and also drying washing in an enclosed space will aggravate her cough.

All the best
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein