Blue badge

Options
rosyred
rosyred Member Posts: 150
edited 1. Dec 2009, 17:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Sorry couldent get in on othr name SNOWDROP.

So i got new one :o..Thought i would all let u no my injections were fine. My medical went ok!! We will see what the out come is.But he did say (U and i both no ur not capable of work) :oops:

And today feeling somewhat Up urs!! I have rang the council and forms are on the way for my badge. No one was there to do it over the phone ! Joke
Next ok my dla was turned down ages ago. Can i now reclaim as im on crutches all the time if i go out ??
Thks and Hope everyone is ok and somewhat pain free Alli xx :D

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Alli /Snowdrop/Rosy
    WEll done for starting the ball rolling as far as the badge is concerned.
    As far as DLA is concerened ring the Dss and they will tell you if you can reapply yet - I think (there used to be) you have to give it so long but you can tell em the crutches mean a change of circumstances :)
    Good luck
    Toni x
  • handsy
    handsy Member Posts: 209
    Options
    i was refused my ESA & DLA, I made an appeal still waiting about ESA. DLA there doctor came to my house for a medical. It was very thorough and i was informed that i have been given mobility high rate/ care at middle rate. so get someone from wellfare rights to take up your case for you. They will be in the phonebook.

Good luck
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi, the DLA can be re-applied for after 3 months.
    Good luck & yes the crutches are a change of circumstances.
    I use crutches when im out & ive just got the mobility awarded with my LRC.
    I got CAB to help me fill in the forms & i got it on review for life.
    debs
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I hope everything turns out well for you. Its a real pain having all those forms to fill in isn't it. I have a ESA medical on Monday 10th Dec. so, I'm really looking forward to that, like a sick headache!!! :x

You claim for as much as you can, its your right to do so and its money thats their for the use of people like us. So I wish you a heartfelt GOOD LUCK. Love Sue
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Rosyred

You can always try reapplying for DLA. I'm on ESA and have never tried applying for DLA. I'm on crutches when I'm out and about too - I was using a walking stick but it was killing my arm. You can downloan the Blue Badge application from the internet then just take it to your GP with the photo and he/she will do the rest. It has made my life easier.

Glad things are going ok with you.

Take care.

Sharmaine
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    I have just receved my blue badge {couple of days ago} I also applied for DLA and that was turned down......I did ring them and they said it was unlikely especially since i was having a double hip replacement....I would be a new person then and def. not need it????
    Hileena