Is Hair Loss a side effect....

Options
wibberley
wibberley Member Posts: 421
edited 28. Nov 2009, 08:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
..for those on sulpha?

I don't have very thick hair and am not keen on taking medication that will leave it even thinner!

Lois

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Lois,

I know it is a side effect with Mtx but not sure about Sulpha, with Mtx we take Folic Acid to counteract any side effects. If it does remember most side effects do disappear after your body adjusts to the drug - so it probably wouldn't be permanent.

Others may know differently so I hope they'll come along to offer you their advice.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Lois,

I have just read the info on mine, it doesn't say about hair loss but its also a quick broad range side effects breakdown on it. I have been on em a while and my hair is no worse than its been for a long time and well it was already thin when I went on them. I think if you go on to the meds web site they will list the side effects better than these do? They have sort of worked for me, though recently the bones are all inflamed again but I reckon thats from stress and I am probably starting/having another flare. Good luck though. Take care Cris
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    I took SHupha before I started taking MTX.
    I had very little hair problems with the SUlpha,
    but have had some issues with it with the higher doses of MTX.

You'll never know if it will work for you unless you try it, and even if it does give you problems, most problems are reversed when you stop the meds.
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Over the last 17 years I have taken a load of different pain killers, diclofenac, meloxicam, sulphasalasine, methotrexate and humira
    and my hair is not as luxuriant as it was.. Mrs WickyWacky says
    that is because I am a gently ageing grandad.
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Thanks for replying everyone.

I do wish they'd invent a med that has good side effects - hair like Jennifer Anniston for one!