Options
2»

Comments

• annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Trisher,

I am so pleased for you and your husband. What a Christmas present all the family together.

I must have had some sad blown into my eye too...

I am so happy for you.

Love Anne xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Thank you all again, here's some tissues for you who have had sand in their eyes. Sand, where are you all in this weather, at the coast. :shock:

Love Trisher xxx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    What wonderful, wonderful news Tris I am so happy for you both, I think some sand blew into my eye as I read your post, coz I am a bloke and blokes don't cry ok?

Maybe blokes don't cry, but it takes a real man not to be too proud to admit to it.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • trisher
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth

I'm in a hospice because I need 24 hour care. My hubby is my full time carer.

I'm classed as severly disabled, as I'm on oxygen, have suffered lots of blood clots in my lungs, I lost both my legs, I suffer from Epilepsy, Asthma, lots of other complaints. In May, I as diagnosed with RA/OA then a few months later they said I had PA.

My hubby was rushed into hospital the same day as he picked me up and took me home after my hand op for arthritis.

It has been a nightmare journey. I post he is out of ITU then he was rushed back in.

I eventually got through to my son who is working aboard at the moment. It was a long 11 hours I have ever spent, my son did come home as my hubby was not meant to survive, they wanted me to turn his life support off and I would not let them.

Today, I'm so glad I did not.

I hope to go home for good also my hubby too. We will hav to wait and see if he can look after me 24 hours again yet. So far no care plan has been discused.

I thank you for taking the trouble for writing, so I wanted to let you know about the last couple of months.

It is bitter sweet at the moment, as I go in hospital at the end of this week to under go more hand surgery.

love and my best wishes to you

Trisher xxxx
  • trisher
    Options
    Jan

At the moment nothing has been said, in the past my hubby has cared for me 24/7. I try not to bother him too much, so he can rest in between.

I don't know what help you are allowed, as they have always left us to it in the past.

I don't know if they are stopping my DLA money. If they do, well I will call them out everytime I need seeing to, believe me I will.
    Then ask them what is it cheaper to look after me in the community as they say will happen or my hubby.

This is 100 per cent the truth.

When I lost my first leg, a doctor came to see me because I'd been working in between illnesses.

He collected all my information about me. When he left 1/2 an hour later, I got a phone call from him asking me what leg had I lost. I was so angry.
    I ask him if he could come back as I could not remember and it was a crime to give false statements. I stuck to my guns, he came back.

I'm not a nasty person but when you go through an op like that, everyone sees you are missing a part of your body.

Trish xxxx
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Options
    Hi Trish

Jeez you have enough to cope with without things like that!

Lucky you are strong, keep it up and kick some a*se if need be p055.gif We are all behind you.

I'm not sure what is available but there must be some help. I pay my National Insurance and Tax for things like that.........ok, quickly off subject because i'll loose my rag :x

I hope all turns out ok and you both can enjoy being home together

Carol XXX
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Oh Trisher :!:
    I am SOOOOOO!!!! very very happy that IO am bawling my eyes out!!!
    Brillinat Brilliant!
    Please do keep us as up to date as you can.
    Still think of you every day
    Love
    Toni xx :D:D:D:D:D
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Thankyou Trisher,
    I had an idea what was going on but had to make a lot of assumptions.It is actually a lot worse than I realised.You have had everything thrown at you.
    I can only hope you and your husband are able to manage as I doubt you will get any help, although I am sure you deserve some.You will both need to take care of yourselves.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Trisher

I did know much of what your situation is, but not entirely. I didn't realise that you are to have more surgery.

I feel so humble when I hear from you, because you are such a strong person, and I can't begin to imagine how I would be in your circumstances. I also feel even more humble when I remember that you, along with Chris, came to my rescue when I was so upset at 3am one morning. You will never know how much your kindness to me helped me to pull through, and I think you are a wonderful lady to find it in your heart to help others, when in such a difficult situation yourself.

I do hope everything will be arranged to make sure that you and your husband can both be cared for at home together where you belong. Now I'm like Rehab, and having a little weep for you both.

My very best wishes for you when you have your surgery later in the week.

068.gif

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Trish,

I think you must qualify for a care package of some sort for a few weeks at least. See what the Hospice can arrange for you maybe? They would carry more clout I think maybe?

Hope your warm enough? Tis so cold but the winds haven’t helped. My plan, in as much as I ever have one, is to get the chicken in early and then get the sheepsis to bed early before cooking my self in the fire :wink: Love Cris xx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hi Trisher.
    How are you doing. OK I hope.
    Just been reading about your DLA. G.., what are they playing at.

The certainly act like G.., don't they? If you're having a fight with them when it is blatantly obvious what help you need. Anyway, when hubby comes home, you should be entitled to 6 weeks home care from the hospital. That's how it worked when I was working with Care Management, After 6 wks, the County Council take over the care.
    There is no way you can manage as you are. In actual fact, you should each have a care plan. So stick to your guns and make sure Social Services Department at the hospital don't brush you off. If you were to say for instance "It's OK, my son will be home" or anything like that, you won't get a thing.

Unfortunately, you won't get anyone come and clean your house for you, they only come in for personal care, or getting a meal etc.
    Anyway, enough of that. how are you feeling today, still walking on cloud 9???
    Lots of hugs
    thinking of you. You're inspirational you know.
    joy
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    Oh Trish
    I had no idea of half of what you have been going through and how much you have to cope with on a regular basis. What an amazing woman you are! I get so little time to visit the site but when I scroll through, your name always pops up trying to help someone else with their troubles. I do so hope things keep getting better for you and your hubby. Good luck with your op next week and I sincerely hope both you and your other half are back home together where you both belong and with the help that you so need and deserve.
    I am full of admiration for you, as others have said it is most humbling.
    Take care of yourself, love and lots of cyber hugs
    Gillx