pantomines

Options
tkachev
tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
edited 2. Dec 2009, 08:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well we have got our tickets for Cinderella on the 21st. They have been given to us from an autistic charity. I am really looking forward to it. Last time we went my son wanted a pink,pony castle from the tombola. He kicked up a fuss, he wanted it now. We tried to explain that you had to have the prize on the tombola ticket. OH bought a ticket and low and behold IT WAS THE PINK,PONY CASTLE! phew!

Anyone else going to the pantomine this year? Or is the chit chat forum staging its own? I will no doubt be the back end of the cow!
Best wishes
Elizabeth
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein

Comments

• jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth,

Well (slapping my thigh) I rather fancy going to a pantomime; the last one I went to was years ago starring Lewis Collins, from The Professionals, whatever happened to him?.

This years pantomime in our area has celebrity Jonathan Wilkes starring and Sheila Ferguson (1/3rd of The Three Degrees, popular seventies girl group for those too young to know who she is!).

I think I might go........
    Oh no you shan't!
    Oh yes I shall.......
    Oh no you shan't
    oh yes........ etc etc :wink:

Jackie
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    We're going to see Cinderella on 23rd! But I haven't told my daughters yet because they will drive me crazy with constant questions about it :-)

If we're having a pantomime, I would like to be the evil queen or one of the step sisters - always did like to play the baddie :-)

Nx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    We're going to see Cinderella on 23rd! But I haven't told my daughters yet because they will drive me crazy with constant questions about it :-)

If we're having a pantomime, I would like to be the evil queen or one of the step sisters - always did like to play the baddie :-)

Nx

Hi Nina

We are going to the same one as you, with Neil Morrisay in it. Something for the adults, as well as the children :!: :lol:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth
    im going on 23 with mum and son, are you going to the Beck?
    we go most years i love it so does my mum. last year we went xmas eve and with friends of the family that was really good.
    xxx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth

I will be going to see one of the panto's in Tunbridge Wells while staying at my sisters. I think it is Dick Whittington this year. We have been going since the nieces were young they are 13, 19, and 21 now but still love it. It is only a small theatre, my sis has so many contacts she books about 150 tickets so we get them cheap. We always give the biggest cheer when the party bookings are mentioned :lol: I wouldn't miss it.
    Chris
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Nina

Oh they are going to love that, are you just telling them to get ready, or will you tell them on the day?

Who is in it Nina anyone we know?

Trish xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth,

Hope your ok? Do you know I have never actually been to a pantomime :shock: Wouldn't now cus the seats wouldn't be good for these idiotic bones :roll: Hope you enjoy it and this post has made me wonder if I missed something good. As a kid my Nan gave me the choice about seeing a play or a pantomime and I went for the play, Mid Summers Night and it fueled a love of shakespeare...... But it has nothing to do with panto's :oops: Luv Cris x
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Chris

You are going to your sister's for Christmas? How long are you going for?

I know Tunbridge Wells, how are you goig by train?

I'm glad to know that.

Trish xxxx
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi All,
    It is great fun isnt it but expensive so first went because of the free tickets. I did find it difficult but should be easier this year? We are going to the beck Page! Daniel was frightened first time and hid under th seats but grandparens took them last year and they loved it.Glad some of you are going as it is great fun!
    Skezier, I never went as a child either but I think how much I missed out.
    Trisher, I am wondering where you live in S.E London as one of my best friends lives in Dartford. She is a carer and a very caring person and I try to vivsit her often.Are you near?(big place S.E.London)!
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    Now Delboy what is wrong with cross-dressers?

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    I turned my computer upside down but couldnt translate.I had better ask my cross-dressing friends....
    Elizabeth.

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    ˙uǝʞ ʎɯ puoʎǝ sı ʇuǝɯuıɐʇɹǝʇuǝ sɐ dn ʇı (ɔıs) ssǝɹp oʇ ʇnq ʇɐoq ɹnoʎ sʞɔoɹ ʇɐɥʍ s,ʇɐɥʇ ɟı `ƃuıssǝɹp ssoɹɔ ɥʇıʍ ƃuoɹʍ ƃuıɥʇou

How did you do that :?: :?:

Annie
  • tkachev
    Options
    On your first post it came up with lots of squares and shapes, that is why I couldnt read it.
    I spent a lot of my youth in Brighton so not a lot shocks me!
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein