Back to work tomorrow - AARGHHH!!!

Options
pheebs
pheebs Member Posts: 202
edited 7. Dec 2009, 02:47 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well, back to work tomorrow after 10 weeks off - what a thought. I certainly missed the banter, but not the work.

I have lots of hobbies to keep me occupied but couldn't afford to do some of them if I didn't work, and because I work full-time I don't have time to do them!! Oh well, I consider myself lucky to have a decent job so will just have to get on with it. Wonder whose moans I'll get first and how many e-mails will be waiting for me??!!!!

On a positive note I've actually managed to get all of my Christmas shopping done - first time in years that I've been so organised.

My son works shifts and I think he's sick of the sight of me, as are my rabbits. They'll probably all have a party tomorrow to celebrate.

I'm so excited I'll probably not be able to sleep tonight.

Pheebs x

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ah Pheebs!
    Well good luck to you and don't worry - they will really miss you when you're out :wink:
    I hope you report tomorrow that it went well and you're glad to be back :wink:
    Toni x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    You've made me laugh, Pheebs!

I was off for six weeks last year, first day back, what did I get?

1000 emails waiting for me (I love delete buttons) and 5 people looked up at me and said 'Hi, you're back then'. 1 person asked me how I'd enjoyed my holiday and the other one actually asked me how I was feeling!

Hope you fare better...............

Annie

PS - I love my job, too!
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Good luck getting back to work. You will feel as though you are starting as a new girl again. Hope there are not too many changes for you.

I officially retired this time last year, before that I had almost 1 year off work because I was such a mess with my arthritis. I was in so much pain the whole time and so tired. What with 3 or 4 appointments some weeks, I was always having time off and with each time off I had to take it out of my holiday, so I thought I would just go off sick and my gp had no hesitation what so ever. Then after going through the retirement through ill health procedure twice, I gave up work to get on with my love, painting - watercolours, oils, acrylics, that sort, except my OH expects me to do all the housework now.

All you have to do is, do not expect too much of yourself at first. take care. At least you will be going back to the Christmas Party.

joy
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Pheebs

Wishing you good luck for tomorrow. Hope it will not be too busy on first day.

So I don't forget.

Pheebs, how did your first day at work go? :)

Trish xxxx
  • pheebs
    Options
    Well, that's my first 3 days over with. First day back was spent trawling through e-mails, none of which was junk. We have a secure system so no junk gets through. Everything was relevant!!

Second day was a bit more lively, surprise, surprise, and I was so tired I didn't have the energy to go to Jazzercies at night.

Third day was exhausting and thank goodness it's the weekend!!

So much for phased return - started at 10 and finished at 4 - back to normal next week, but I'll have to use up some leave so that's a bonus.

On a positive note, it was good to see everyone again because they are all really nice people, it's just the nature of our work that's c**p!!

What I found worse was the journey home on the bus each night. Why, in the name of sanity, do elderly people and those with double buggies/pushchairs get on the bus when it is full of people going home from work?? I know some of you may think I'm terrible for saying that but my elderly parents avoid busy times like the plague!!

Thanks for listening!!

Pheebs x
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hi Pheebs

How do you feel after your days back to work. Strange and very tired I expect. Where do you work by the way?
    I know it is a 'bug' about the buggies, but maybe they are collecting their children from nurseries and things, you never know. Do you have far to go?
    Do hope you have a nice restful weekend, charge your batteries for Monday. Are you having a gradual back to work plan?. Perhaps two or three short weeks. Don't go overdoing it. I find that now I have retired, I have more to do now than I did when I worked. Especially as I am trying to make some money out of my art.

good luck
    joy
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    This is something which cuts both ways, Pheebs. In general I too avoid travelling on public transport at rush hours and weekends, but twice recently I have had to come home on the bus following a hospital appointment.

We will not take the car to the hospital because the minimum charge for parking is an arm and a leg and another arm every half hour after that.

The first journey I was pushed, pummelled, shoved and kicked. The second one I had learned a lot; took both sticks and assumed my glary scary face! It worked to a certain extent, and I will do the same again.

No wonder all the wrinklies look grumpy, miserable and bad-tempered - it's self defence!

Annie
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Pheebs,

I sorry I late seeing this but hope it went well and your ok back there? Cris x
  • pheebs
    Options
    Hi folks, and thanks for your replies.

Can I just apologies for sounding like a grumpy old git going on about the journey home - I'm not normally like that. :oops: I only take my car on rare occasions because of the cost of parking.

Anyway, work pays the bills and that's that!!

Now, I'm off to buy a lottery ticket - you've got to be in it to win it!!

Pheebs x
  • miss_l
    miss_l Member Posts: 138
    Options
    Glad you got on ok at work - hope your first full week goes just as well!
    I do sympathise about the busses - the one to my estate is always full and being 4 months post THR and suffering complications it's a nightmare, especially as despite being 28 i only look 16! (well thats what the cinema think!!)
    x