Tuesdays

Options
annie_mial
annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
edited 1. Dec 2009, 16:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
They really don't seem to be the best of days just now. I've worn myself to a frazzle today all quite unnecessary; if I'd remembered my brain when I started out this morning it could have been quite a successful day.

All I had today was a (hopefully) short dentist's appointment early this morning then nothing till a late appointment for a much-needed haircut.

Dentist's appointment goes very well, nothing to be done now, come back in 3 months - yippee! So I decide to do a little desultory Christmas shopping, no particular aim in mind, but I also need to go to the post office and post a few Xmas cards which I have in my bag (International postings).

Get to the post office stand in the queue for 20 mins, by this time knees are giving me gip, decide to take cards out of bag, should have 7, count..............only 6! That means coming back again; check the queue, looks as if it will be another 20 mins before I get anywhere, decide to give it up and leave.

OK, what else do we need? Ah ha, cat food; if I go to the supermarket I can get that and pick up a couple of things I couldn't get the other day..........they are permanently short of shelf-fillers.
Go in, go to cat food aisle ..................no bloody cat food that the fussy one will eat, go down to cold meats counter and pick up some chicken slices, we have a few tins of cat food in but not enough to last until the next big shop, so she'll have to live on chicken.
What else, oh, yes, bread.............I like a granary loaf............go to bread aisle, not a freaking loaf of anything on the shelves, give up, go to till.................I've forgotten my purse!!!! (*^%*(. All I've got is the chicken slices, so I tell them where to put them and go home.
Get home, go to make dumplings for the stew..............no suet.

By this time I've had enough, but I must go back and get suet - the supermarket is about 15 -20 mins walk for me, but it's uphill.

By the time I get back I've run out of spoons................go and lie down on the bed. Wake up 2 hours later, knees now so bad it took me three tries to stand up, let alone walk.
Get beef stew and dumplings done 3 hours late. Go back to bed.
Get up and go to hairdressers where I practically fell asleep in the chair. Go home, go back to bed with damp hair.

Hair now looks as if I've been dragged through the proverbial and I haven't got the energy to do anything about it.

Please can I have Wednesday instead?

Annie

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Annie

You can have a Wedneday it's tomorrow, not today though.

What were you like today???

Trish xxxx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I know when I'm better off! Thanks for the laugh, Rehab!

Annie
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Oh Anna - what a day. Tell you what, why don't you come round here to cook. I think I have enough in the house to get us through WWIII. I keep saying to OH, don't need any more food, but as soon as I use one commodity up I hve to replace it, just in case. I think, if Ready Steady Cook came to my house they would have a field day.
    Anyway. I do hope Wednesday will be good for you. What's on the agenda?
    Rehab - great story. Laughed my head off.

Joy