Space where the hell is it?.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 5. Dec 2009, 08:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
Right, space is big and black and full of dark matter and light matter right, well if you look at the universe in a 3 D model it's like an expanding balloon all the galaxies are on the balloon skin and like a balloon being blown up the universe is expanding into the dark black void right.
So my question is this where is the black void were sitting in actually at?, it can't just exist for existing sake there has to be an end to this dimension, it can't exist without end, If the universe keeps expanding as they say it will then it will slowly get darker and darker as all the galaxies slowly drift apart and all the suns finally burn out, a sad anticlimax for such a dynamic and mesmerising dimension don't you think? :?

Comments

• robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    North east of Watford!!!!

Betwixt Earth and Air...

I thought everyone knew that......

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • mellman01
    Options
    Well Rob on my map it just says here be dragons and nothing about the space time continuum!?.
  • robertls
    Options
    AA map or RAC??
    Roba045.gif
  • mellman01
    Options
    robertls wrote:
    AA map or RAC??

AA I think mind you it doesn't have London on it only Londinium strange that!?, has sharia law already been implemented?.
    God I've done it again I'm now going to have a fatwart or fattart or whatever it is aimed at me, just like that Rushdi chap, I'm done for!.
  • robertls
    Options
    Its sort of Harpenden way..................well that place always seemed like a black hole to me.

Rob x

Boy oh boy......................you doomed now
    Roba045.gif
  • mellman01
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Space where the hell is it?.

Have you lost it?.. Space that is

Nope it's still there but I have lost the plot though.
  • robertls
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    It's a case of time dilation based on velocity in the theory of special relativity (exemplified by the twin paradox), as well as gravitational time dilation in the theory of general relativity. If you add in quantum entanglement then you have the possibility of faster than light travel enabling you to cross between parallel universes so as one dies you can move to the next.

I think.

Oh that........Hemel Hempstead.......yer got it now
    Roba045.gif
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    It's a case of time dilation based on velocity in the theory of special relativity (exemplified by the twin paradox), as well as gravitational time dilation in the theory of general relativity. If you add in quantum entanglement then you have the possibility of faster than light travel enabling you to cross between parallel universes so as one dies you can move to the next.

I think.

This is one of 'those' threads, isn't it. Space, time and the parallel universes (in the shape of the planet Thribble) by way of gravity, Epstein and Leonardo da Vinci.

Annie
  • mellman01
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Tells us something we don't know :shock:

Well Would you believe I’m a deep cover cross dressing assassin working for the illuminati and at the present time I’m staring in the kitchen roll advert that’s on TV right now, look I’m just filling in until me old mate Tony “Smiley” Blair gives me someone else to deal with, I mean a silent assassin still needs to eat.
    Now where in hell did I put that Spam fritter radio?.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    Tells us something we don't know :shock:

Well Would you believe I’m a deep cover cross dressing assassin working for the illuminati and at the present time I’m staring in the kitchen roll advert that’s on TV right now, look I’m just filling in until me old mate Tony “Smiley” Blair gives me someone else to deal with, I mean a silent assassin still needs to eat.
    Now where in hell did I put that Spam fritter radio?.

It's those mushrooms again, isn't it? Got any left?

Annie
  • mellman01
    Options
    Nope I have pigged the lot now I'm waiting for lift off!.
  • babette
    babette Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Hi

Space... it's the final frontier didn't you know? But wherever that is I haven't got a clue!

B x
  • mellman01
    Options
    babette wrote:
    Hi

Space... it's the final frontier didn't you know? But wherever that is I haven't got a clue!

B x

Yeah it's everywhere but nowhere baby that's where it's at!,hey that could be a flippin good lyric?? :)
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Right, space is big and black and full of dark matter and light matter right, well if you look at the universe in a 3 D model it's like an expanding balloon all the galaxies are on the balloon skin and like a balloon being blown up the universe is expanding into the dark black void right.
    So my question is this where is the black void were sitting in actually at?, it can't just exist for existing sake there has to be an end to this dimension, it can't exist without end, If the universe keeps expanding as they say it will then it will slowly get darker and darker as all the galaxies slowly drift apart and all the suns finally burn out, a sad anticlimax for such a dynamic and mesmerising dimension don't you think? :?

This is all very philosophical, really, isn't it :?:

I mean do we really exist at all :?:

Are you just a figment of my imagination :?:

When all the galaxies have gone and the suns have burnt out, will our spirits continue to exist anyway :?:

Answers on a postcard please :!:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • joanlawson
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
    -Carl Sagan

That is a beautiful thought :!: Even more philosophy to ponder :!:
  • mellman01
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
    -Carl Sagan

That is a beautiful thought :!: Even more philosophy to ponder :!:

Yeah and it wears a pink thong is 18 stone and is called Bernard, Mr Sagan should have said something incredibly terrifying to be known.
    Quote Joan

Are you just a figment of my imagination?.

Nope I’m a figment of mine!.
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    I'm going to reply to this post in a pathetic attempt to pretend I know what you're all talking about

Nx
  • mellman01
    Options
    Madness and genius are close friends as they say and I know I’m barking but what about fat Kev isn’t he a figment of your imagination can’t I have a little stupidity from time to time it makes the pain more bearable. And Bernard isn’t a myth he exists but his name isn’t Bernard trust me he is real I don’t use his real name as he wouldn’t like me using it and ok so he doesn’t wear a pink thong but he is about 18 stone and likes man love he works on my old shift at the local power station, we had a young lad join us a year ago and he’s still terrified of him!. As they say at Didcot A in the mill bay no one can hear you scream

I'm going to reply to this post in a pathetic attempt to pretend I know what you're all talking about

Nx

Boy I bet your a hoot at a party!.
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Who says it cant exist without end?
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Rehab

Stop behaving like a grumpy old man :!: :!: It doesn't suit you :!:

Joan
  • joanlawson
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:
    Rehab

Stop behaving like a grumpy old man :!: :!: It doesn't suit you :!:

Joan
    More frustration than grumpiness Joannie, I really do hate to see and excellent thread being destroyed, it is even worse when it is the originator. A genuine and thoughtful post goes up and within 3 responses it has turned into rubbish
    It must be something called intellectual recycling. Ideas to rubbish in 3 moves k035.gif

It isn't always the case because I've posted serious threads which have gone on for pages in a serious tone.

Sorry I called you grumpy :!:

Joannie