Recommended reading

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
Hello,

I would like to read up on arthritis. I'm especially interested in books which talk about a link between diet and arthritis. I've looked online and there are so many books, I don't know where to start!

Could anyone please recommend some reading material?

Thank you.
~ Sophie

Comments

• babette
    babette Member Posts: 128
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi

I got Arthritis for Dummies (UK version) and it is very thorough, covers all aspects of arthritis, different kinds, related conditions, exercise, diet, drugs - you name it. It's very easy to read and free from medical jargonese, and written with input from a GP. You've got to watch cause there are a lot of books out there which play on peoples worries and some have quite outlandish ideas about what you should/ should not do or eat. Good luck with your search for reading material; as they say - knowledge is power!

B x
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,463
    Generally speaking, arthritis (with the exception of Gout) is not related to what you eat and information relating to diet & arthritis is confusing and conflicting. Wise words from Babette about ignoring the numerous outlandish ideas out there most of which should have been confined to the 'old wives tales' bin years ago.

The reliable texbook we use here is 'Diet & Arthritis' by Dr Gail Darlington and Linda Gamlin. Published by Vermilion press ISBN number 0 09 178577 4 It can be a bit difficult to find these days but you can usually get it on line if you Google it.

Best wishes

Val
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Generally speaking, arthritis (with the exception of Gout) is not related to what you eat and information relating to diet & arthritis is confusing and conflicting. Wise words from Babette about ignoring the numerous outlandish ideas out there most of which should have been confined to the 'old wives tales' bin years ago.

The reliable texbook we use here is 'Diet & Arthritis' by Dr Gail Darlington and Linda Gamlin. Published by Vermilion press ISBN number 0 09 178577 4 It can be a bit difficult to find these days but you can usually get it on line if you Google it.

Best wishes

Val

Thank you. I think I'll order that.
    Thanks Babette too. :D