It finally happened

Options
annie_mial
annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
edited 5. Dec 2009, 16:42 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just as I was settling down to a nice relaxed evening, we lost the power! :cry:

This time we were lucky, it was out for little more than an hour and at least I wasn't in the bath :oops:

It's been a beautiful day here, too, although very cold. Now we've got the power again, I've discovered it's raining like hell. Someone will have to take pity on us all soon and stop the rain; as it is, I think I've got terminal mildew.

I guess this means the river's over, but I haven't been to look; I've seen it before!

Annie

Comments

• ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear, I hope your luck changes soon

Nx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Well, blow me down, it just happened again :!: :!:

This time for only 10 minutes, but I think I will go down and see if I can see what's happening...............

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    The one thing I do not think I have heard is there is a hose pipe ban as we are short of water.

Has anyone heard that this year?

Annie. last time you looked out the window, it was bucketing down, you could have washed your hair, you got soaked. Do you remember?

Trish xxx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    The one thing I do not think I have heard is there is a hose pipe ban as we are short of water.

Has anyone heard that this year?

Annie. last time you looked out the window, it was bucketing down, you could have washed your hair, you got soaked. Do you remember?

Trish xxx

Yeah, Trish - I just looked out of the window and it's bucketing down again this time, so I decided I'm not going to bother!
    I now have torch, candles, matches, self-heating soup and other bits and pieces piled on the table instead of what was there before!

Annie
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Oh poor you Annie

I thought you had done the hard bit of your day. Hope the power stays on that you don't need those candles. Hope the river stays where it should be. :?
    take care
    Chris
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hello Annie

Oh poor you. What a worry. This anxiety must be awful. Do you have sandbags in place?
    Make sure you have candles upstairs and a kettle. It can't keep on raining surely unfortunately yes. The forecast was not so great for the weekend.
    All I can say is good luck

Joy
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Are we having the 40 days and 40 nights of rain :(

Trish xx :oops:
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    I think it rained all night out here too.
    At least it seems a bit warmer this morning. at least 7 degrees. instead of -3 like we had the other morning.
    hope everyone has a better day today. a bit of sun to dry everything up a bit.
    joy
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Trish,

We are on our 65th day of rain :( Still sooner or later it will have to stop eh? xx

Hi Annie,

SNAP!!!!! It was working when I went to put the sheep to bed and wasn't when I got back and so I went to bed cus I hate the dark, too many monsters in it :oops: No idea when it came back but ours was rain blowing out some circuits in the junction box. Hope your river is behaving? I am so glad I am nowhere near one just now :wink: ((( ))) Cris x
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Just today's update - we lost the power again this morning for about half an hour, but I was out at the time. According to OH it also went off in the night, but I don't know how long that one was.
    Since this morning it's been OK; the river went down this morning while it was dry but there isn't much clearance.

I've had a busy week though and will have to clear off to bed soon, so if it goes again tonight, I'll be none the wiser.

Cris, is it really 65 days? You must be so sick of it all, having to work in those conditions. Hope the sheepsis don't get footrot!
    Trouble is, if it dries up it will no doubt turn cold; can't work out which I hate the most!

Love
    Annie
    x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Annie,

Just now I would love the cold :wink: Worst day of the week today rain wise but there is more on the way so I got to give it 10/10 for consistency :wink: Hope you have a better day tomorrow. Cris x