cancel this posting

Options
harrycree
harrycree Member Posts: 27
edited 5. Dec 2009, 16:42 in Community Chit-chat archive
Have you ever been in a store,and another shopper was looking at something which you have seen in another store for a MUCH lower price...

I have often told those people about what store has the exact same product for far less.

Why not use this chit-chat page for letting our readers know what stores have the same product, but at lower prices, in the same area.

Why give these greedy retailers more profit than they should have?

Lets set up a 'price-checker' discussion, so we won't get ripped-off like this.

Better the money in you're pocket,instead of those stores shareholders deep-pockets.

Harry

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Harry,

I'm useless at price comparisons unless its chicken corn and sheep nuts :oops: :oops: :lol: I really don't go into many shops and we don’t have a full continent of shops this way but it should help other people though. Take care Cris
  • harrycree
    harrycree Member Posts: 27
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Harry,

I'm useless at price comparisons unless its chicken corn and sheep nuts :oops: :oops: :lol: I really don't go into many shops and we don’t have a full continent of shops this way but it should help other people though. Take care Cris

Hi Cris,
    Can you please tell me how to go about changing my username,
    Thanks,
    Harry
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Harry,

I don't think you can actually change it but you can re register with your new name if that helps? Take care Cris
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    harrycree wrote:
    Lets set up a 'price-checker' discussion, so we won't get ripped-off like this.

Better the money in you're pocket,instead of those stores shareholders deep-pockets.

Harry

Unfortunately, this could count as advertising and I don't think the webmaster would allow it as AC are a charity.

Nice idea, but what happens when temporary reductions end? Who is going to keep track of all the changes/special offers and update them online?
    k045.gif

Without stores shareholders, who put their money up front, they wouldn't build such a choice of shops and the remaining shops would simply put up prices to a captive shopper. Then it's buy at the higher price or go without.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    i find the internet useful to check prices of items in certain shops i intend to go to e.g. if i want to buy say a c.d. i check all the shops in the area to find the cheapest price then go straight there, it saves energy walking round looking when you dont feel too energetic etc.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    told my mum i wanted a electronic dictionary (those of u who know me know i can not spell) saw one in a***s at 19.99 went to a*d* a well known german supermarket for 3.50 same one so phoned her and got that one why waste money
    val
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    I have been keeping a watchful eye on a certain egg you use on your feet. In our one and only department store where I live, it was being advertised for £9.99. A little bit later, I saw one of the many stalls sited in the shopping mal where this department store is situated, selling it for £3.99 each, 2 for £5. Today, when I went to DIY superstore starting with F, think of a car, not that...and they were back to £9.99 there. And then today, the best of all, I saw it for just £1 in the everything for a £1 shop, of which there seems lots of these days,
    There, just goes to show doesn't it.

joy