New to all this

Options
barbara12
barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
Hi,
I have just been told I need to have my hip replaced, I am told I have multiple joint affected including my back.
I am scared of going through an hip replacement and still having my back pain.
How do I know were the most pain is coming from, I have had injections in my back, this did not take the pain away.
Love
Barbara

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,494
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi,
    I have just been told I need to have my hip replaced, I am told I have multiple joint affected including my back.
    How do I know were the most pain is coming from, I have had injections in my back, this did not take the pain away.

Dear Barbara12

Thank you for your posting. It can be a shock to be told we need an operation. Have you spoken to your surgeon about your concerns and your worries? If you look at the link http://www.arc.org.uk/arthinfo/fullpublist.asp this will lead you to two booklets that I hope will be of help. The first is called ‘Back Pain’ that will give you some information about managing this. The second is ‘A New Hip Joint’ that has lots of information about hip replacements. To help manage the pain in your back you can also ask for a referral to a pain clinic as they are the experts in looking at individual pain relief. I hope this is helpful.

Best Wishes
    Dawn
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi,

Dear Barbara12

Thank you for your posting. It can be a shock to be told we need an operation. Have you spoken to your surgeon about your concerns and your worries? If you look at the link http://www.arc.org.uk/arthinfo/fullpublist.asp this will lead you to two booklets that I hope will be of help. The first is called ‘Back Pain’ that will give you some information about managing this. The second is ‘A New Hip Joint’ that has lots of information about hip replacements. To help manage the pain in your back you can also ask for a referral to a pain clinic as they are the experts in looking at individual pain relief. I hope this is helpful.

Best Wishes
    Dawn[/quoteThankyou Dawn I will look these up.
    Love
    Barbara