An interesting saying

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 7. Dec 2009, 10:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future.

I should have that tatooed on the back of my hand so that I can read it every day.

Is there a Nobel prize for worrying :?: I'd win it :!: :!:

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi

You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future.

I should have that tatooed on the back of my hand so that I can read it every day.

Joan

fight you for it ! :wink::wink:

I think I could be world champion at worrying but I hate to admit I worry as much about the past as I do about the future ... oh, and what's wrong with worrying about now too?! :wink: :roll:
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    No first prize goes to me im always worrying. JOANNE
    Joanne
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    My favourite one is 'Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called 'the present''.

I think it was Eleanor Roosevelt who said it.

Annie
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi

Joan

Oh interesting!!! WHat other tatoo's you got then.....

Now there would be an enlightening thread

As for me.........a worrier...........well maybe just a bit..

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi

It seems that I am not alone in this affliction. No, Delboy, I don't think it is a gender thing really, although you men certainly give us plenty to worry about.

My Dad was a terrible worrier, so I think that is where I get it from. I was brought up with that undercurrent of anxiety, and it isn't a good thing for a child to live with.

If I could rewind my life, I would try to cut out the worry, and live much more for the day.

Now I am trying to make up for lost tome, and take each day as it comes. Time is such a precious thing, and it is silly to waste it in worry.

There is the saying "It will all come out in the wash", and it usually does.

Joan
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Hi Joan,

Guilty - another worrier here I'm afraid.

And I try so hard not to :)

Jackie x
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Aren't grandparents the greatests worriers?
    They worry about themselves, their children and their grandchildren?

I tend not to worry about myself, I am a planner and generally calm in a crisis, I think it's the drugs :shock:

And me thinking you a warrior Rehab.

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Age and Arthritis makes you look at things differently

That's what I mean about time being too precious to waste on worry. I am trying to enjoy each day, and not to worry about much beyond that.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,956
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    dont trouble trouble untill trouble trouble you.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    dachshund wrote:
    Hi everyone.
    dont trouble trouble untill trouble trouble you.
    joan xx

Oh, well said Joan!! I only wish I knew how to put it into practice.

As someone else has said, if I don`t have something to worry about.......I worry.

Mark Twain said "I have spent the best part of my life worrying about things that never happened".
  • joanlawson
    Options
    I suppose worry is part of the human condition, really. I don't suppose animals worry, except perhaps where their next meal is coming from.

Talking of which, I now need to worry about what we are going to eat today. I haven't a clue :!: :lol:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I used to be a big worrier now I tend to reflect on my options and not let people beat me down.Doesnt mean I wont be in trouble...just dont spend hours worrying about it anymore.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    My hubby is a worrier, he could worry for England... but would probably worry for India instead out of loyalty :-)

Me, I tend not to worry and dwell on things. If I have something horrible coming up, I tend to work out how to deal with it in my head and make a plan on how I'm going to deal with it. I've never really seen the point in lying awake at night worrying about something, I distract myself with something else when I've made my plan, like I'll get up and make a drink or read a book instead.

I'm strange, I know, but maybe I'm just one of those lucky ones who hasn't had to deal with a huge problem... yet. Touch wood!

Nx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Nina

As always, you are the voice of reason and common sense :!: :!: Next time I'm worried about something, I'll call on you. You will sort me out in no time :!: :!: :lol:

Joan