Shall I wear my heels tomorrow night?

Options
ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 18. Dec 2009, 09:42 in Community Chit-chat archive
I know, decisions, decisions... It is difficult living with this kind of pressure day in day out, but I've got used to it now and try to take it in my stride.

Tomorrow night is the works' Xmas drinking session (they don't even pretend it's a "do" anymore and don't bother booking a meal, we all meet in the pub and get drunk). Well, I say tomorrow night, the officers are going to start drinking at lunchtime and we'll probably join them about 5-6ish. The idea is to get home about 10-11pm in a drink-sodden state rather than at 2-3am in a drink-sodden state :-)

Anyway, my RA has been playing up a bit this week but in my shoulders rather than my knees and ankles so I'm thinking I could risk wearing heels, but then I've bought some rather nice flat knee high boots this week which would look nice with my denim skirt. The only thing about wearing flat shoes on a night out or at work is that (a) they don't look as nice, and (b) firemen tend to be very tall and I'm only 5'4" so I am a lot shorter than everyone else, not easy to hold a conversation.

What do you think - comfort or fashion?

Nx

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Nina,

I wouldn't chance the heels if I were you. Can you take one and change as you need to maybe? What ever I hope you enjoy it and that you get home safe :wink: Cris x
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hi

I think I would go for the new boots with your denim skirt. On this occasion you need to be comfortable so that you are not stressed, otherwise you will be upset. Be comfortable.

I sound like my mother :roll:

joy
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    For as long as you have a choice Nina........Absolutely no contest!!!

The time will come when the killer heels have to get kicked into touch. Until then........you go girl!!!!!!Ange.
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Take both, when the heels have done their work pop on the flats :D

Down boy!!!!!!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Take 'em girl take em!!!
    Get some of the gel party feet and some pumps but give it a try :wink:
    Love
    Toni x
  • ninakang
    Options
    angel1 wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    Take both, when the heels have done their work pop on the flats :D

Down boy!!!!!!

*LOL* Thanks for the advice, I want to wear my denim skirt because then I won't have to take a handbag as the skirt has pockets. I hate carrying handbags, even though I have a huge collection (as any self-respecting woman should). And the flat boots will go with the denim skirt.

OR I could wear heels with a smarter black skirt but then I would have to take a handbag as the skirt doesn't have pockets.

It has to be one or the other, I'm afraid - I really don't want to take a spare pair of shoes because that would mean taking a bag to carry them in.

You're not the only ones who have to put up with this - I've been wittering on about this at work all day!

Nx
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    How drunk?

If sensible drunk black skirt, bag & heels

If not so sensible drunk, flat boots, denim skirt & no bag, then you can't lose anything.

Whatever way, have a ball!!!

Anne
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    No-brainer, Nina, wear those killer heels while you can!

Annie
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Don't do it Nina!!!.... I did last night at our 'Do' :shock: ....I had to have a drink because my feet hurt so much!!!! They were sooo bad I had to drink a bottle of wine to numb the pain......Now I need another bottle to numb the pain in my head!!

As you can imagine it's been a very long (and slightly embarrasing! :oops: :oops: ) day at work today.

OOOHH the pain (or should that be the shame!! :oops: :oops: )
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Nina

Re the height dilemma, I thought firemen were supposed to give you a lift :!: :!: :lol::lol::lol:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Nina

I think perhaps the weather has solved your dilemma.
    Boots it is then :? Shame! Have a good time.
    Chris
  • ninakang
    Options
    Joan,

The lifts are for at the end of the night and depends on how much everyone has had to drink :-)

And yes, the weather has answered my question for me - thick pink tights, flat boots and denim skirt it is. Oh and a t-shirt :-) Sorry to disappoint you, Rehab!

Thanks for the comments. I'm working a short day at work today, going home to cook tea and then it's into town to get bladdered!

Nx
  • ninakang
    Options
    Rehab!

How could suggest such a thing! I only ever flirt, I never go out to pick up blokes when I have my lovely husband at home keeping the bed warm :-)

They are hot pink in colour and very cool and fashionable. I know because my (nearly) 11 year old told me :-P

Nx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Nina

Go girl, and have a good time, but watch out for THAT man, you know who :!: :!:

Ring me soon, when you are sober again :!: :lol::lol:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif