What is your

Options
annie_mial
annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
edited 19. Dec 2009, 04:36 in Community Chit-chat archive
favourite Christmas eat treat?

You know, the one you always look for at parties just in case they've got any, or the one you secretly buy for yourself.

I'm a bit naughty, I've got two - one is prawn vol-au-vents and the other is all the different flavoured cheeses. I usually station myself by the dishes and don't move until they are empty :!:

g035.gif

Annie

Comments

• gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I just love brandy butter!!!

Especially the one my MIL makes - it's barely legal it has so much alcohol in it but it's just delicious!

mmm....looking forward to it already! :D

Arna x
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Jan, i am with you I love cold turkey. Boxing day turkey & chips, Mmmmm

And chocolate, got to have mint matchmakers at Christmas.

Anne
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    And the other good thing is as I mentioned OH lost his job 2 weeks ago so he has taken over all the cooking duties. I hate cooking and usually have to force myself to eat as by the time I cook I don't want it.
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    I love anchovy tartlets. There is a little shop on Upper St, in Islington, near my sons London office, and they make the most mouth watering ones ever!

If he comes home without any, I belt him!!..........Ange.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options

You know, the one you always look for at parties just in case they've got any, or the one you secretly buy for yourself.

I'm a bit naughty, I've got two - one is prawn vol-au-vents and the other is all the different flavoured cheeses. I usually station myself by the dishes and don't move until they are empty :!:

g035.gif

Annie

What a little piggy you are :shock: If I saw you hogging All the cheese and Vol-au-vents, I would take the dish away while your not looking and put an empty one there.

Then I could have them All to myself :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I like nearly all party food but sausage rolls with cheese in them is my favourite. Yummy.

trish xx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Cheese, mmmm!

So far I have some Quenby Hall and Colton Bassett Stilton, Black Bomber cheddar from Wales, Shropshire Blue, strong cheddar and a couple of others I can't remember + a bottle of 1963 Calem port to go with them.

Just give me your postcode - I'll just follow the scent once I'm there!

g015.gif

Annie
  • annie_mial
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    It's Z45 99Q :mrgreen:

I was hoping to get some Cornish Yarg but can't find any locally.

Can't say I'm keen on cheeses with bits of fruit and stuff in them though.

No, me neither, except for the Stilton with apricots.........mmmmmmmmmmm. With a large brandy...........is it Christmas yet?

g100.gif

Annie
  • annie_mial
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    annie_mial wrote:

g035.gif
    Just like you Annie any shell fish is gooood!!!! I should have bought a shrimp boat

Annie

You don't happen to like jellied eels, do you? I love them, but I am forced to eat them behind locked doors......

Annie
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    The dreaded filler - Christmas Cake, I even buy some for a winter treat in mid January before the shops stop selling it.
    a048.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • annie_mial
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    annie_mial wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:

You don't happen to like jellied eels, do you? I love them, but I am forced to eat them behind locked doors......

Annie
    FOOD OF THE GODS!!!!!!!!!

Can I come and live with you while I eat them?

Annie
  • annie_mial
    Options
    trisher wrote:

g035.gif

Annie

What a little piggy you are :shock: If I saw you hogging All the cheese and Vol-au-vents, I would take the dish away while your not looking and put an empty one there.

Then I could have them All to myself :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I like nearly all party food but sausage rolls with cheese in them is my favourite. Yummy.

trish xx

I'm popping over to the cafe now for the leftovers.......you coming?

Annie
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi,

Mince Pies, strudel and homemade sausage rolls love Jaspercatxx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Cheese, mmmm!

So far I have some Quenby Hall and Colton Bassett Stilton, Black Bomber cheddar from Wales, Shropshire Blue, strong cheddar and a couple of others I can't remember + a bottle of 1963 Calem port to go with them.

Hi Del. What do you think of the Queby Hall stilton? They are suppose to be producing Leicester some time ago but something went wrong so they have delayed it.
    joy
  • joyful164
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    It's Z45 99Q :mrgreen:

I was hoping to get some Cornish Yarg but can't find any locally.

Can't say I'm keen on cheeses with bits of fruit and stuff in them though.

Saw some a couple of days ago. I'll send email to you. because I don't think I can put the details on here.Bought whole selection of Chegworth Valley apple juices, cox and bramley, apple and elderflower, Organic Pear Juice, Apple and Beetroot, Russet Apple Juice. I thought that if I gave these to the boys, they won't get all hyper.
    See you later
    Joy
  • joyful164
    Options
    Mine is Brixworth Pate and, like you Del, Stilton with Mince Pies and oat cakes and a little Port. I usually have to put a bit of lemonade with it to make a longer drink but not much if I am having cheese.

I am going to make a maple and pecan tart this year.

joy
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Annie

NUTS! for me at Chrimbo, those ones where you have to work bl@@dy hard to get 'em out the shells. Specially almonds and chestnuts. :D
    Mine you I agree with most of the above too. :roll: :roll: usually cos for a while it is put in front of me it would be so rude to refuse.
    Chris :wink:
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Me Christmas puds we getenough to go through the year I had a little one last night.

Trish xx
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    mine is trifle, especially from the fridge the next morning. I also like brandy butter and have been known to eat it by the spoonful on its own. Also mince pies but haven't had one yet this year. I made fudge for a friend's birthday this week (kills the wrists all that beating) and I managed to polish off all the 'misshapen' ones. As you can see, I've got a sweet tooth.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    The dreaded filler - Christmas Cake, I even buy some for a winter treat in mid January before the shops stop selling it.
    a048.gif

Joseph 8)

Hi Joseph

I make a very good Christmas cake, so will make one for you next time I see you. Will I have to miss out the brandy though because of the alcohol :?:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD

I just like everything really, but I do like seafood particularly, so I'm with you, Rehab and Annie.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Trifle reminds me that I have a Rumtopf to drink and the heavily soaked fruit, been in the jar for months, would make a great trifle.

That sounds fab!