Joseph's paintings

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 19. Dec 2009, 20:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

You might have seen the slide show of paintings which Joseph ( Livinglegend) posted recently.

Having seen one of Joseph's paintings at Walsall art gallery, I was very impressed by his work, and keen to buy one of his paintings if possible.

I am proud to say that today I am the owner of not one, but two, of Joseph's paintings. I have bought Tobermory Lighthouse, and Early Day at Tobermory. They were both so good that I couldn't choose between them, so had to have them both.

The best thing was that I got to meet Livinglegend himself :!: :!: :D There he was, sitting in my lounge, next to me on my sofa :!: :D I couldn't quite believe it :!:

And what a lovely man he turned out to be :!: I have gained two fantastic paintings, and a great new friend as well.

Quite a bargain, don't you think :?: :?:

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joan

Well I'm glad that you bought the Lighthouse, that was amazing.So where are you going to hang it, you will have to describe where it is.

I think he must be a nice person, to paint like that well.

Trish xxx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Trisher

Tobermory Lighthouse is a wonderfully atmospheric picture, with the rough sea and stormy sky.

It is going to hang in my lounge on a long wall. It is a big canvas, so it needs plenty of space to show it to its best advantage. As you walk in the door, the painting will be there in front of you, so it will be quite a feature of the room.

The other painting of Early day at Tobermory is very calm and serene so that will go on the opposite wall, I think. Then there will be two very different views of the same location.

Joan
  • trisher
    Options
    Joan

I love paintings of the sea. I love nothing better than to be by the sea.

It must make a statement in your room. You got the other one.

I wrote a poem once about how man and the sea display the same rages, calmness, storms, it turned out very well.

The person I did it was for was a Naval man who was retiring after 30 years i think it was.

I used to make satin cards, thats what I put in it.

Love Trisher xxx
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Hi guys, can anyone tell me where I can see Josephs paintings online? I love paintings of the sea.
    thanks rita
  • joanlawson
    Options
    ritwren wrote:
    Hi guys, can anyone tell me where I can see Josephs paintings online? I love paintings of the sea.
    thanks rita

Hi Rita

I have just booted up the Slide show of Joseph's paintings.

I love paintings of the sea too.

You can see the two I have bought on the slide show
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Joan the 2 you have bought are my favourite 2. Thanks very much for pinging them up for me to see. Joseph is truely talented. They're great paintings.
    rita
  • trisher
    Options
    Rehab

Can I come and see your etchings? I will bring a note pad and take down details, so I remember everything.

I did not know you etched :shock: I thought you were a man of many words!!!

Have a nice Christmas and Best Wishes for 2010 to you and yours

love Trish xxx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Can I be next in the queue? I didn't know you were a man of many etchings, either. Do they have to be viewed in the dark?

Annie
  • joanlawson
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Not that I am jealous of course, but I am quite artistic myself and if any lady wants to to see my etchings , they are adorning the walls of the stairway to heaven. I can arrange private viewings :shock:

I believe you are a man of many talents :!: But I didn't know that etching was one of them. That's amazing :!:
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Joan

I loved the lighthouse one too. So glad that it has sold to someone who will appreciate it. Enjoy it.
    Chris