Smear test...........SORRY GUYS!

Options
carol101
carol101 Member Posts: 584
edited 24. Dec 2009, 04:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Ladies

I recently had my routine smear test done and was awaiting the results through the post.

I received a letter from the lab saying that they were unable to get results as not enough cells were available.

I had exactly the same 3 years ago when i had my last test. I never had this problem when at my old surgery. It isn't a plesant test to have done at the best of times but last time i had to have 2 done and now i have to go and have a 2nd one done this time.

I will go as it's for my own good but i'm getting a little annoyed at this. Why can't they do it proberly in the 1st place? :x :x :x

Carol X

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Carol

I sympathise with you as it is not the best experience in the world, is it? But far better that than possibly not knowing if there was anything wrong. Think Jade Goody.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Carol

AS Joan has said think of Jade.

If they do it twice you know there can be no mistakes, try and think of nice thought take us lot with you. :)

On the other hand leave us at home. :shock: No it is not nice having it done. Try and think of somewhere nice and take yourself there while they are doing it.

I'm sure they feel the same, having it done.

love Trish xxxx
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Hi Carol

I do sympathise, my husband has to physically take me for my smear test every 3 years or I don't go.

Nx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Do what I do Carol, go in rubbing your hands and say 'I've been looking forward to this all day' :shock: They're so stunned, it's worth the look on their faces. :lol::lol:

Hope they get all the cells they need this time.

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • libbie
    libbie Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Better to be safe than sorry! A few minutes embarrassment and it's over for another three/five years. I hate smear tests, but would sooner grit my teeth and get on with it than face the consequences of not having regular checks. I think all women feel the same, no-one relishes them. I'd sooner give birth any day than have a single smear test by choice lol! Birth is fait accomplis, smears are just darned uncomfortable and embarrassing! :lol:
  • lottiefox
    lottiefox Member Posts: 64
    Options
    How frustrating! But as said, better they check again than just leave things...I find that the time you schedule it for makes a difference as to whether it is "adequate" or not - at some times of the month they struggle to get enough viable cells because of natural changes. Its a nasty experience but the person doing it can make it a short fast slightly unpleasant thing or can be utterly useless and leave you feeling completely shell shocked!! I think I once had a nurse with two left hands and a set of giant spoons!! She was awful!!!! :oops: :shock:

Grit your teeth, book in, get it sorted, have some Galaxy!!

Good luck! xx 8)
  • babette
    babette Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Hi Carol

This happened to me three times this year, not enough cells so unable to culture a result! Nurse told me it had something to do with the lubricant (ky jelly) change of formula. I vowed that if it happened a fourth time I wasn't having it again, but hurrah it worked and everything was fine. Really annoying and worrying though so I can sympathise.

Babette X
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Morning Carol

What an inconvenience for you. I like the idea of drawing two smiley faces - not easy - I've tried it :lol::lol: sorry only joking.
    I think the idea of shutting your mind off and going somewhere really nice - on the cruise maybe - try and imagine what we all look like - that should make yu laugh. At least they are making sure you are safe. Good luck

Joy