Painful finger tips

Options
trisher
trisher Member Posts: 9,263
edited 21. Dec 2009, 17:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

Have any of you suffer from pain in your finger tips?

When I type it gets worse. When I don't they are painful and throb all the time.

My fingers nails are bright red too.

Trisher xx

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Trish,

Funny you saying that mine are at the mo as well..... Do you think it could be out circulation? Mind we both got pa and mine is the 2 index fingers and playing havoc with typing........ and that excuse I am sticking too...... I find hot water helps and my hands are so cold just now so I put it down to circulation but you said that I wonder if it is? xx
  • trisher
    Options
    Cris

I think it must be our PA, I have it worse on the index fingers too. Now I'm having to use left hand to type. My middle finger and pinkie, they are bright red, so are the palms of my hands.

Do your throb Cris?

Trish xx
  • trisher
    Options
    Jan

My pikie finger is a bit numb. That the side that is in the cast. They have said that coresponds to my nneck and the nerves that come down is the right ones.

I know it is confusing.

Trish xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Trish,

they do and that in my case is part cus I too cold and they don't have blood circulating very well. They might be red, its hard to tell cus my hands have been far too cold today and a deep shade of blue, now deep purple with red bits and as soon as they warm up I will see the colour for you.

Mine really is a good half circulation problems but the other half could be the pa? Cris xx
  • trisher
    Options
    Cris

My circulation has been rubbish since they did that operation when they tied off my inferior Vena Cava to stop the blood clots from killing me.

That is how, in the end why I lost my legs, because the blood went down but could not come up again.

Keep youself as warm as you can, lol, why don't you try to get them things that heat up.

That might help Cris

Trish :D
  • trisher
    Options
    :| well you did say ya seeing ya hand man this week yes? maybe he can sort it for you, in the mean time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, can you type with ya nose!! :lol: lol or evan better get huppy in and dictate to him !!!! :lol::lol:

are you sitting in a different postion to what you were in the hozzy, maybe ya putting a strain on a dferent part of your hands as you rest them as you type,if that makes sence :roll: :shock:

That what I'm doing Jan look vgcndhrdvsp;kdl not much good is it :(

I see them Tuesday, Rheumy in the morning Hand doctor in the afternoon, going to be a long day.
    I'm not sure of this new drug.
    Neoral, is one name of it the other is Ciclosporin.

Trish xx
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    Hi Trisher
    Maybe worth a thought, have you tried or considering the speaking programme instead of typing?
  • libbie
    libbie Member Posts: 13
    Options
    I sympathise as i have pain in my fingertips too, constant at times. Even when i don't have pain they ache. My finger joints are all knobbly and arthritic (osteo) and so tender when i accidentally knock them. I have poor circulation so my hands are always cold and this makes the arthritis worse. It's a real problem as we all need our hands for everything and when they are painful, it makes everything so difficult. The GP told me to keep them warm to ease the pain and tenderness, easier said than done all the time! Fortunately i am able to type relatively easily in not much discomfort.
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Trisher, the fingertips of all my fingers are a numb, first my gp blamed the MXT, now he blames a possible lack of B12, so I need to have a blood test, otherwise he says he will refer me to a neurologist, have you checked with your gp love Jaspercatxx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hi Trisher.

Sorry to hear that you are suffering more probs. My left hand has been tingly and painful etc. for ages. Had the electrode tests at the beginning of the month and ruled out CTS. So the Dr who did the test suggested that it could be a nerve trapped somewhere. Now I've always had probs with my neck ever since I slipped a disk when I was 23. Had it put right by an osteopath who were not recognised by the medical profession in the 60's. Had it xrayed back in 2003 and it showed a large amount of wear and tear then.
    This can play a bit part with the nerve sensations in the hands and fingers. I've had physio and chiropractioner sensations on and off over the years. The session I had today has now proved that I have osteoarthritis in both hips and my spine, neck down.

Your operations can't hve helped and the sooner you see the consultant the better. You must be very worried. Let's hope he can do something to relieve that pain and tingling. We shall have to resort to skype.

Joy
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    I have had carpel tunnel, which gave me tingley fingers, but this week I've had a hot feeling, or sharp needle going in, its hard to describe. I think, for me the neurves are playing up because of the cold weather! :? Love Sue