Euro Tunnel

Options
tkachev
tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
edited 21. Dec 2009, 15:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
I was wondering if Maudwas takinlg the Euro train to France?She didnt say.I hope she wasnt one of the many poor people stuck in those dreadful conditions?
Best wishes
Elizabeth
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein

Comments

• carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That was just ridiculus. Fair enough we have really bad weather but they just kept pileing more and more trains in. They could have easily send in a train with water,food and medical supplies.

Carol
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Very scary. Thank goodness there wasn't a fire.
    joy
  • libbie
    libbie Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Exactly! Can you imagine the panic! I felt sorry for the small children all huddled on the floor trying to sleep! It seems ludicrous to me in almost 2010 that high speed trains such as Eurostar have a problem leaving freezing cold conditions on one side of a tunnel meeting warmer conditions in the tunnel causing condensation and all the other problems that ensued! Surely the designers, engineers etc had thought of that possibility before the Eurotunnel launch?! Seems crazy when we have the first nip of Winter, everything seems to come to a grinding halt. Heaven help us if we have a real snowfall with massive snowdrifts. We can't seem to cope with a bit of rain or snow - chaos, standstills, rivers bursting banks, floods, traffic mayhem etc.