Fed up

Options
zechariah
zechariah Member Posts: 222
edited 21. Dec 2009, 17:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just a little whinge!

I have now been stuck in for 3 days because of the snow.
My knees are so bad that I use crutches around the house and a wheelchair whilst out.
It is so icy that I can't use the wheelchair and I wouldn't stand a chance on crutches, our driveway is like a skating rink!

So for now I am grounded!

Is anyone else having the same problems, I love the snow but I just have to watch from indoors now.

I am in southend, Essex and at least we didn't have the snow last night as forecast.

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi zechariah yeah same for me bored to death, my OA is just bad enough to rob me of all the things I use to love to do but not bad enough that I am seriously disabled, I use to go running hill walking and most days when not on shift I would be on a hill slope soaring with a bag full of RC gliders, even in these temps, we were up white horse hill at Uffington one year and the wind chill was -17 on my portable wether/wind speed indicator.
    The cold conditions make the air much smoother to fly but sadly these day's I stay at home, the wife and nipper have just gone out walikng the dogs but it's a 3 mile trip so I didn't go, boy do I get p*&#@d off these days.
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Zechariah

We seem to be in a similar position I have OA in both knees and get about with crutches/stick indoors and rely on my OH to push wheelchair when I'm out. OA in hands and shoulder so I find it difficult to push myself. I simply don't have the physical capacity to lug the wheelchair out of the boot - so like you I've been grounded. He worked six days this week and I missed our Saturday outing. We out for a little spin and lunch today. Even though it was freezing cold (even with my thermals) I enjoyed it - especially spending time with him.

Tell me have your knees been playing up in this weather? I've not slept well since this cold weather turned up.

Regards
    Sharmaine
    zechariah wrote:
    Just a little whinge!

I have now been stuck in for 3 days because of the snow.
    My knees are so bad that I use crutches around the house and a wheelchair whilst out.
    It is so icy that I can't use the wheelchair and I wouldn't stand a chance on crutches, our driveway is like a skating rink!

So for now I am grounded!

Is anyone else having the same problems, I love the snow but I just have to watch from indoors now.

I am in southend, Essex and at least we didn't have the snow last night as forecast.
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, we live in Macclesfield, the snow is pretty deep here, I was planning an outing to the shops next week, that will be impossible now, I ventured out with hubbie this morning and nearly fell over, so I am stuck too, I am keeping busy with crossword puzzles and doing home baking for xmas, with hubbies help of course love Jaspercatxx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    This cold weather is definatly making arthur worse. All week they have been hurting much more.

I have reached the stage I dread getting up, as I know it will be so painful to get going.

Trish
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hello Zechariah

How awful that you are a prisoner in your own home through the snow. I think it will be going this week according to our forecast in Northamptonshire.

Is there a way that you could get your predicament to a member of the Lions or Round Table through the Council/CAB. I know they come and collect things for Christmas. They have the means to help anyone with problems like yours. Try ringing the council. They will know someone who can help. good luck.
    joy
  • zechariah
    zechariah Member Posts: 222
    Options
    I do have a really amazing wife who does all the driving, however just getting to the car would be like russian roulette!

My pain has increased in this weather, luckily I am on Butrans patches and they really knock the pain down to a bareable level!

hopefully it will start to melt today, it is +2 here now and so it may get better!

Hope everyone has a good Christmas and is as pain free as possible.

Zec
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    I am in today,not taking any chances, dont want to fall and do any more damage to back,vertebrae already fractured, one fall could be disastrous, so not walking..and delivery lady at the door this morning said the main roads werent good either.............
    i hope its gone soon as in work in a couple of days!
  • border
    border Member Posts: 94
    Options
    oneday wrote:
    I am in today,not taking any chances, dont want to fall and do any more damage to back,vertebrae already fractured, one fall could be disastrous, so not walking..and delivery lady at the door this morning said the main roads werent good either.............
    i hope its gone soon as in work in a couple of days!

Hi,
    Fed up with the white stuff. Christmas at the end of week and so much to do and so little time to do it!!. Aching all over.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    how to kill two birds with one stone, a snow dance...no snow and no stiff joints.
    has anyone seen the weather and knows when its going?
  • libbie
    libbie Member Posts: 13
    Options
    More snow due here on the South Coast UK according to the weather experts. We had freezing conditions this afternoon and torrential rain and then sleet this morning, so all the sogginess is likely to freeze tonight! I managed to get to the Post Office sorting office at last - i don't know whether anyone else is being plagued by "Sorry You Were Out" cards from the Post Office?! I have been stuck in the house for weeks with dear old Arthur (osteo) and the postman hasn't even bothered to ring my doorbell but plonk endless red/blue cards through my letterbox leaving my online ordered Christmas presents for me to collect at the sorting office! Very annoying! Well anyway, i staggered to the sorting office after hobbling off the bus (i can't drive, my knees hurt too much in the cold weather), only to be told that the parcel i went to collect, they had sent back to the manufacturer as they had given my two cards already. (I arranged redelivery online but the Post Office didn't turn up!) A wasted trip, no main Christmas present for my youngest son and two agonisingly aching feet and knees, stiff cold fingers and one cheesed off arthritis sufferer to boot!
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    I'm pretty well stuck as well..,....My husband works and I do avon but he is doing my collections etc for me. I've got a car but just getting to it and getting out of our street is treacherous. Hopefully it is going....5 days here and still not much sign of it going....I'm trying to be optimistic LOL
    I'm in Northumberland

Love
    Hileena