news...good??

Options
nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 21. Dec 2009, 14:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I had big week last week.
I saw my gynae doc who has listed me for a hyst next Feb. :( Not brill, more surgery, but will sort one problem for good.
Then i saw my orthopaedic doc, for the results of the assessment of my other (dysplastic) hip. Well.....the `good` news is I can have the PAO (peri acetabular osteotomy) to realign my hip socket to correct position. ( cutting my pelvis in 3 places and screwing it back in place :shock: )
And thats the good news!! I am seeing him agian after the hyst to discuss the plans more.
So, I am gong to try to enjoy Christmas before embarking on another round of surgery.
The real good news is I have a holiday in the sun booked for the summer :D:D
Hope you are all ok, and have a great Christmas xx
NB

Comments

• angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You are really living up to your name NB!!

Say "**** it all" for now, have a great Christmas and New Year, then give em Hell!!.......Ange.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    hI, Sorry you face so much surgery, all I can say is my hystorectomy, at 30, although it stopped my hopes of kids, made me feel so much better, I got my life back! :shock: :lol:

Enjoy Christmas!!! :D:D:D love Sue
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Hi Ange
    thanks I will hopefully have a much better Chritmas than last year when I was zonked on morphine most of time.this year planning to be zonked on Baileys!!! :D
    Hi Sue
    Most people I know who have had hyst`s say it is best thing htey have done. Just hope they look after my hips and back in theatre! My Gynae doc filled in a `special `needs form re my hips so hope they take notice.
    NB
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Sorry you have to face these things, but I had a hysterectomy at 34 and have never looked back or regretted it.

I got my life back, too - the following year I was taken on as a mature student at a London college and my life took a completely different turn.................life does that at times.

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    I'm another honestly I was 34 when I had mine, people say you change you don't, only if you let it.

I like the others felt a lot better after.

Technology had advanced so much since then and now operation wise.

Have a happy Christmas and a Better New Year.

can i get in your suitcase??? where are you going?

love Trish xxx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Gosh NB. What a lot to look forward to. It's good that you sound so positive about it all. I had my hyst when I was 52 so nothing unusual about that. I did have to have a bladder repair at the same time. Was the best thing for me in that I wasn't anaemic any more
    I shall think of you when I light one of my Christmas Candles this time. You going to have to be a brave girl, yet again. good luck.
    Sue. I'm so sorry circumstances were such that you had to have your chance of children was taken away from you so early. You must feel very sad at times, but then, the freedom it gives you to enjoy other aspects of life is a blessing. I hope you and J will enjoy Christmas with your 5 cats. I don't think they will all go into hiding when they smell the turkey!.
    Trisher, lovely your son is coming home for Christmas

God bless you and have a lovely christmas
    Joy
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Nearly,

That's a big opp but try and put it to the back of your mind and have a great time over Christmas and at least it sounds like they are gong to get your hip sorted? I really hope 2010 is better than you may think it will be. Cris x
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Hi!

nearlybionic, have a lovely Christmas and think about that surgery after......... a050.gif

Jackie x
  • nearlybionic
    edited 21. Dec 2009, 14:29
    Options
    Hi and thanks for your replies.
    I have one more day at work before I have a short break over Christmas, so plan to enjoy it and put the op`s out of my mind.
    It is good to have a place to come and sound off if I need to, and you were all a great source of support around when I had my THR.
    But tell me to shut up if start to moan too much :oops:
    NB
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    Hi NB
    I wish you the best with your operations and hope once recovered youre feeling so much better.
    Have a lovely christmas,take care, oneday x