Time for reflection......

Options
angel1
angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
edited 22. Dec 2009, 17:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
Lynn, never forget that you were the one who started the ball rolling when Trish needed help. I bet she won`t!!! So, you have principles! In my book, that can only be good. I wish you the loveliest Christmas ever........Ange. u020.gif

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good to see you Lynn - my worst year ever was 2008, 2009 has been good to me in comparison. Here's to 2010 let's share the good and bad to come. :D

Merry Christmas.

Luv Legs who likes the word 'good' today :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Lynn :D

Lovely to see you again, was worried when you didn't reappear after the flooding your way. What a heartfelt post. Do hope you have a good Christmas and that the New Year is a good one for you. Take care of yourself.
    Chris a070.gif
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Well I would like to say mine should be better than this year but the way things are panning out at work it's just the begining of the storm. full hostilities will be resumed in the new year I fear.

Merry Crimbo all you lot, oh it's snowing hard here now and all the roads are blocked with cars who's drivers seem to think they can drive like Jenson Buttons even on ice.

Hey I think I I've managed a post without upsetting anyone for a change haven't I!??.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    2009 hasn't been my greatest year ever to say the least of it and I've had some pretty dire years just lately.

This one did come with a couple of golden linings, though - I found all you daft lot and found my long-lost sense of humour at the same time.

I thought it had gone forever, but no, there it was stuck at the back of a very high shelf covered in dust and cobwebs.

Thank you all for blowing the cobwebs away and shining it up for me.

Annie
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Options
    2009 certainly has been a bad year. I just started another thread 'how much can one family put up with'

You're right about the silver lining. I had a really hard time accepting my diagnosis back in the summer...........but then i came across you wonderful people. You're there when i laugh, you're there when i cry. The one good thing about 2009 is all the new friends i have.

I wish each and every one of you a very happy christmas and a 2010 to remember............for all the right reasons!

Carol
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Lynn :D:D:D ,

Its a big silver lining eh? They have helped me so much and bless them they never stop doing so do they? You have a really good Christmas and over-reacting...... well we all do that one :wink: Hard hats and flak jackets :lol::lol::lol::lol: Love Cris xxx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Well I would like to say mine should be better than this year but the way things are panning out at work it's just the begining of the storm. full hostilities will be resumed in the new year I fear.

Merry Crimbo all you lot, oh it's snowing hard here now and all the roads are blocked with cars who's drivers seem to think they can drive like Jenson Buttons even on ice.

Hey I think I I've managed a post without upsetting anyone for a change haven't I!??.

Hi Mell

Whatever happens at work, you still have us lot on here, and you haven't upset me for one :!: :D

Merry Christmas to you, and I think things are going to get better for you in the New Year.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Lynn

I always thought of you as being a lovely, caring person and I am so pleased to see you posting again. I, for one have missed you.

I look forward to seeing you posting again from now on and wish you a peaceful time this christmas and a healthy, exciting, fun-filled 2010.

Lots of love
    Elna x(())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    I do sincerely hope that for ALL of us, 2010 will be a better year.

As Jean-Luc says in Star Trek, "Make it so!" and it was. n045.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi

There are some very philosophical thoughts on here. I like them all, especially Rehab's and Joseph's. Food for thought in both :!:

I think this year has taught me to live more for the present, and not to worry so much about tomorrow.

Sometimes wonderful things can happen when you are least expecting them, and life can change in an instant. Who knows what is waiting round the corner :?: I think you just have to make the most of your life, and grab happiness whenever you can.

I have also discovered the friendship of strangers on here; something which has been a complete revelation to me, and I would never have believed possible. Now they are strangers no longer.

By the way, Rehab, my wrinkles don't hurt, because I found a miracle cure which irons them out in no time.

Joan
  • joanlawson
    Options
    The miracle cure is to celebrate living now :!: :D

Or in other words, give it a go, rather than never know :!: