Newbie Saying Hello!

Options
libbie
libbie Member Posts: 13
edited 22. Dec 2009, 03:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just a quick note to say hello to everyone! I am Libbie and i have osteoarthritis. I have been suffering from it for almost ten years and it has come on so fast lately, it has become a real problem. I am currently off work sick - i work in a nursing home and injured my arms through lifting for almost 10 years, and have found with osteoarthritis in my feet and knees, it was all becoming a bit of a struggle with long 12hr shifts. I went to my Doctor and he told me i was in no fit state to work and couldn't tell me when/if i 'd return to work again. I am a young 50 years old, a little bit crazy and love life. I am looking forward to being part of this forum and getting to know everyone. Thanks for having me here.
Bye for now!
Libbie :-)

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Libbie and welcome to posting :D

I'm a rheumatoid and 51 .....if you're a bit crazy you'll fit in well here. :wink:

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • libbie
    Options
    Hi there Legs, thanks for the welcome, it's good to be here! Sounds like it's going to be fun and also help being here! I look forward to it, thanks again! :-)
    Libbie
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Have a look at the Chit Chat Forum if you want some fun ...it's usually good for a laugh :wink:

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hi Libbie well it’s the right place for u then as a lot of us on here are a tad on the chicken oriental side of things.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    Hi Libbie
    welcome to the site. you will get lots of support and information when you need it on here.
    oneday
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Good evening Libbie, welcome to the crazy house.

This is the best place ever for support and sympathy when you need it and somewhere to let off steam without upsetting your nearest and dearest.
    It's also good for a laugh - join us on the Chit Chat zone, we're full of Christmas cheer now.

Annie
  • libbie
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your lovely messages! It seems so lovely here, i can't think why i didn't join before. Sometimes you just need a shoulder or a laugh with someone who knows what you're going through, and i think i've found the place at last - here! I love a laugh and a giggle, it makes life worth living especially on painful days! Arthritis is a terrible affliction but we have to battle on for the sake of our families, and after all this is it, it isn't a rehearsal, life is so short. We have to count our blessings! Thanks again! :-)
    Libbie
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hi libbie and welcome from me and my knees xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • libbie
    Options
    Hi there Berty! Yes i have two problematic knees as well, i sympathise! Good to meet you here too! :-)
  • lizzie7ne
    lizzie7ne Member Posts: 154
    Options
    hi Libbie

Welcome to the forum, I too am new here, just joined a few days ago. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis diagnosed last year when I was 53.

lizzie
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    HI, and welcome to the forum. I have osteo in my back, neck and quite a few joints! Like you I used to work with the elderly for the last 7 years and before that 2 years with very badly disabled people. I gave up work in June, or rather it gave me up, I was retired by the local Government, so have a tiny pension and I'm only 54! I am also quite MAD!!! :mrgreen:
    Love Sue
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Libby
    Welcome to the madhouse LOL
    I've got OA in my hips, spine and left ankle.
    Glad you found usw

Lover
    Hileena
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Libbie,

A welcome from me as well :D his lot are a really nice bunch and though I m sorry you have the arthritis its the plus side that so many nice people are here. Take care Cris
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI LIbbie
    welcome to the forum :D:D:D glad you found us!
  • breane
    breane Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Hi Libbie and welcome to the forum. :) I know you will get lots of help and support from members,I certianlly have.Since being diagnosed with OA and RA this forum has been my lifeline,just knowing others are 'in the same boat' as myself has been a great help.Will look forward to your postings. Breane. :P
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Welcome Libbie

What a lovely name. I think it is going to be lovely having you on board.
    Seriously though, I'm very sorry to hear about the possibility of you having to give up work. You obviously love it and it is going to be a big wrench. I have just had osteoarthritis confirm and whatwith a lot of other problems I had to give up work two years ago, although I was of retirement age. What sort of medication are you on and are you seeing a Rheumatologist?

I hope you have got some free time in the new year to come on thecruise and in the meantime, just pop into the cafe for a cup of cheer (Chit Chat) See ya. :wink:

Joy