Sick leave up date.

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
Well went to my GP’s today as knees were still no better after a weeks tom and dick plus been having more problems with work, bottom line is he is willing to sign me off on long term sick if things don’t improve in the new year, it’s a relief in a way but now I am worrying what will happen in the long term, the thing is I just can’t carry on as I am I have real trouble just doing a 5 day week and my home life is none existent these day’s. I’m also due to be made redundant in a few years so god knows how this is going to turn out.

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You sound really worried mellman ':|' torn between needing to be off work because of arther and the worry of the longer term.....it's a rotten position to be in ':roll:' but by the sounds of it (previous post) being at work was doing more damage to you psychologically and stress is known to contribute to flares.

It's a real bummer mellman and I am so sorry you are having such a bad time. ':('

You know it sometimes helps to talk things through with others. We are here for you and want to support you, but it might be good to also speak to the helpline? I personally benefited from speaking to one of the advisers; no magic solutions but it helped me get things straight in my head which is no mean feat!

Let us know if we can help and keep posting! Iris x
  • markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    mellman01 wrote:
    Well went to my GP’s today as knees were still no better after a weeks tom and dick plus been having more problems with work, bottom line is he is willing to sign me off on long term sick if things don’t improve in the new year, it’s a relief in a way but now I am worrying what will happen in the long term, the thing is I just can’t carry on as I am I have real trouble just doing a 5 day week and my home life is none existent these day’s. I’m also due to be made redundant in a few years so god knows how this is going to turn out.

Understand your situation...but at the end of the day if your not fit for work your not fit.Take the time off enjoy Christmas and relax don't worry about the new year yet.
    We will all support you,chill out and enjoy the festivities knowing you are out of the ratrace for a few weeks. :wink:
  • mellman01
    Thanks you two yep it's doing my head in and my knees seem to be getting worse.
    Anyway have a good holiday and don't get to drunk, then again why the hell not!. :lol:
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    mellman01 wrote:
    Anyway have a good holiday and don't get to drunk, then again why the hell not!. :lol:

Cheers mellman! hope you can enjoy the hols too.':D')
  • markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    dorcas wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:

Cheers mellman! hope you can enjoy the hols too.':D')

Good for you :wink:
  • mellman01
    God here we go again got to see the company doctor tomorrow oh what fun if he say's I don't know why your in so much pain again I'll scream.
    also I don't know how to deal with my line manager I had a development review back in August and he informed me then
    a) don't bother applying for unit operator position as I have to be able to go out on plant and
    b) you wont get on the open learning course as I am of no worth to the company.
    In my eyes both are cause to get a tad angry as it seems it's out flippin right discrimination. Maybe next time I'll record what he say's and then kick up a stink.