How much can one family put up with?

Options
carol101
carol101 Member Posts: 584
edited 1. Jan 2010, 18:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
I will be so glad to see the end of 2009 and can't wait to kick it's a*se out the door.

January 2009: 2 very close friends pass away

February 2009: Dad diagnosed with cancer, brother arrested

March 2009: brother does 6 weeks in jail

April 2009: Sister-in-law told her cancer has come back and she is dying

August 2009: diagnosed with OA of the spine

October 2009: diagnosed with depression

December 2009: diagnosed with under active thyroid, another friend passes away 3 days before Christmas

I wish whoever was chucking the **** at me would stop!

It seems everbody i talk to though, including some of you on here has had such a bad year.

I certainly want this year to go out with a bang!

Carol

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Carol by heck you have had a bum rap this year, normally I look at it like this if he's throwing all the cr*p at you he's ignoiring me for a bit.
    Well that's the theory but so far it's not working to well for me either. :roll:
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    I'm sorry Carol. I can't say it's been a good year for me either. I suggest that we leave it behind us and look to 2010.
  • lucymum
    lucymum Member Posts: 113
    Options
    oh bless u hun u have had a bad year!!!! Mine has not been all that good but is looking up now that my child has finaly been dygnosed with JIA!!!!!!!!! at least now we have something to work with!!!

Just look at it this way hun, u have been through crap, it has made you stronger, no matter what next year gives you, you will be amazing at it!!!

Am sure next year will give you rainbows after your storm x x x x x x

:lol:
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    It seems that a fair number of people haven't liked this year; I'm hoping that 2010 will be a better one for me whatever happens, because over the last few months my attitude has changed.

I'm hoping this will make all the difference.

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi

Add me to the list, lost someone very close to me. Hubby nearly died so many times as a lot of you know.

I got diagnosed with 3 types of Arthur. Reacted badly to medication. Had an hand op. See another doctor the op didn't turn out right.

Just had another op, they found out during this op that arthur is worse than it is showing on x rays.

Got to have more tests in the new year.

Trish xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Carol,

I am sorry, you really have had a bad year. I so hope 2010 will be better for you. ((( ))) Cris x

As to 2009.......... Its not the worst year for me, 2001 and the FMD epidemic will always be the worst and then 2002 when my health compromised me so badly I had to put my baby (a beautiful TB) into rescue. Then 2009 for more detection in health, hit by the recession and for me what makes it on a par actually with 2001 was the horrendous put downs I had to do. So roll on 2010 and be a kinder year............ I so hope for us all. xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Cris

I hope and pray that you will have a better 2010. That things get better for you eh?

Maybe, we can have a better year for or circulation probs as well for both of us.

To All who posted on this one I hope things are better for you next year.

love and ((((((hugs)))))) For everyone

Trish xxxx
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    carol101 wrote:
    I certainly want this year to go out with a bang! Carol

Wouldn't you prefer it to go out with a whimper? You have had enough trouble this year.
    a060.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • carol101
    Options
    And the run of bad luck strikes again!

Just finished night shift but had to stay on for a meeting at 6am.

There are 10 supervisors in my work place of which i am one.

There will be 3 redundancies within those 10 people.

My sick record will go against me i know that.

I wish 2009 would just f**k off, i've had enough now.

Sorry for the whinging guys

Carol X
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hi Carol
    What a **** year!
    I think it would be disgusting if you are one of the 10 :(
    You are right though - next year just HAS to be better!
    Here's to a peaceful, healthy and happy new year eh?
    Love
    Toni xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    what worries me is i said this year had to be better than last but it was not lol so not crossing my finger for next year think it will be much of the same
    val
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I really do hope things are better in 2010 for you from joanne
    Joanne
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Carol, you have had a terrible year. How long must you wait until you know if you are one of the three? Waiting around with that hanging over you must be demoralising, but as Jan said, chin up, girl!

Annie
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    well if u r one of the three it will give u time to get arther under control and sure there will be better job out there with your name on fingers r crossed for u good luck and try not to worry if it is u as u will make your self bad easyer said than done i know but u have us to help any way we can good luck
    val
  • carol101
    Options
    Carol hun, chin up boobs out walk tall, whatever happens about the job you can and will deal with hun, think of your mate next door and know that you have the one thing she would dearly love to have,we fight on ,well as long as most of us can sit to fight that is !
    other point,you have been there along time,think of the money they would have to give you :wink:

I have been there 10 years and the money would be rubbish. My Dad was made redundant after 25 yrs and received £4,000 :shock:

I do know a lot more about the work than other supervisors. I will get my hands dirty, muck in and learn new jobs when they arrive. A lot of the others think it's below them to 'work' and they are there to supervise. I know that will go in my favour but then like i said my sick record is rubbish this year due to arthur.

If i am 1 of the 3, i know i will get another job but nowhere near the wages i'm on.

Just have to wait and see what happens

Carol X
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    Hi Carol
    Just wanted to join the others in wishing the next year is a much much better one for you. Whatever it holds we will be here for you.
    Cyber hugs for now and I hope you get good news regarding your job soon.
    Gillx