Happy Birthday Elna

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 24. Dec 2009, 10:18 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

It is Elna's birthday today. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Elna for her wonderfully supportive posts to so many people.

You are a tower of strength, Elna, and a very kind person.

s040.gif

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Happy Birthday Elna,

From Jean,Guy and all the Eight mods,
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    A Very Happy Birthday, Elna..................

k040.gif

Annie
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
    Options
    HI Elna.
    Happy birthday
    have a lovely day and take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Happy Birthday Elna - you really deserve a lovely day.

thanks for all your supportive posts
    hugs (((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Elna,

I hope you have a lovely Birthday.

Anne x
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Happy Birthday Elna :D
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    Happy birthday Elna hope its a good one xxxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELNA ...... I just shouted that in case you can't hear me above all the noisy fun you're having.

Have a brill one.

a040.gif

Luv Legs :D:D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    I`m sure she`ll love the good wishes just the same, but Elna`s birthday was actually yesterday.......Ange.
  • kiefersangel
    kiefersangel Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Happy Birthday Elna! :)
    Hope you're well and have a great birthday!! :)
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Happy Birthday Elna

Love Trisher xx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hope you have had a good day today Elna. Do hope you have had plenty of nice separate b'day presents and not like the friend I had at work, who's birthday is the same day. She always had a combined b'day/christmas present most of the time. She lives just up the road from me and will be coming round on Boxing Day which will be nice. I gave her the usual planter with primroses and pansies, cyclamen and a lovely miniature lime conifer.
    She has had a planter from me every year and she has kept every one. Maybe replanted but she loves them - such a job knowing what to get someone who has everything, but she does love her garden and her dogs.

I also wish you a very Happy Christmas and thanks for all the support and help you have given me since I joined the forum.

Love from Joy
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    Happy happy birthday Elna! :D

Hope you have had a brillliant day and were thoroughly spoilt!

Arna xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    angel1 wrote:
    I`m sure she`ll love the good wishes just the same, but Elna`s birthday was actually yesterday.......Ange.

Sorry, Elna, my mistake :!: :!: But I don't think you will mind too much :!:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Elna,

We missed you yesterday but Slipper boy and his mates are on their way to give you belated bumps......... I couldn't stop him :wink::lol::lol:

Hope you did enjoy your self and we will the right date next year.

Love and ((( )))

Cris xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Thank you Joan for starting this thread and thank you all so very much for your kind words and best wishes.

You are all very lovely people and it makes me happy and proud to be part of this forum and huge family. It stops me thinking too much about myself and I have learnt a great deal and been helped by others, when I have been through distressing times.

This time last year, so many of you supported me when my mother was critically ill and I shall not forget that. A year on, she is doing well, but it was a roller coaster for many months and you all helped me more than you will ever know. There was nothing anyone could do but it was reassuring for me to know that at the end of each day I could call in here and someone would be there for me. It meant a great deal to me.

I did enjoy my birthday thank you and wrote a few words about it on Rob's thread about winter solstice as I thought it appropriate.

Love and very warm wishes to you all

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    Options
    Hi Elna
    I am so sorry to be late in wishing you a very Happy Birthday!
    My tribute here for you on this special occasion is that that your words of wisdom, concern & kindness have helped me and so many others here, you deserve only the very best in the new year to come & I know there will many guys & gals at their keyboards maybe lonely, in such pain, distressed & desperate who will now be raising imaginary glasses to you, hon, to wish you the help & support you have given us this last year.
    Cheers, Elna!
    Love Pennie XXX
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Dear, dear Pennie,

Thank you for your very kind words. I have become quite emotional and you have made my day. If I have helped you and some others in the past year then it has all been worthwhile.

As I have told you before I am here for you, whenever you may feel you need me. You have much to contend with but you will get through it. You know where to find me. I may have no solution but it helps to share. I know that.

You are feeling stronger in yourself now and long may that last.

Cheers to you, dear Pennie.

Lots of love, keep safe,

Elna x(())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Hi elna happy unbirtday and happy birthday for when it was mine is soon also late Dec we are both Saggitaruis then by ht esound of it
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    I'm a bit late Elna, but I just want to add my best wishes for yesterday, in fact I owe you a big hug for all the advice, thoughts and hugs I've received from you.

It is so comforting when you are meandering around the house, whatever, worrying about something, can't get anxieties out of your head, then you log into 'home' and there are people like yourself, Tricia and skezier and many more who welcome you in and straight away you wonder why you were worried in the first place.

Elna, you deserve all the wonderful wishes sent to you today.
    Hope you have a lovely Christmas.
    Joy
  • elnafinn
    Options
    noeltone wrote:
    Hi elna happy unbirtday and happy birthday for when it was mine is soon also late Dec we are both Saggitaruis then by ht esound of it

Dear Chrisov

I was born on the cusp (21st) and I feel I have more Capricorn traits than Sagittarius.......

When is your birthday then?

Wishing you a peaceful time over the next few days, Chrisov and it was lovely to hear from you. Thank you. :D

Keep safe
    Love
    Elna x

• elnafinn
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:
    I'm a bit late Elna, but I just want to add my best wishes for yesterday, in fact I owe you a big hug for all the advice, thoughts and hugs I've received from you.

It is so comforting when you are meandering around the house, whatever, worrying about something, can't get anxieties out of your head, then you log into 'home' and there are people like yourself, Tricia and skezier and many more who welcome you in and straight away you wonder why you were worried in the first place.

Elna, you deserve all the wonderful wishes sent to you today.
    Hope you have a lovely Christmas.
    Joy

Thank you very much Joy, for your kind words. You are so right, it is comforting to know that one can call "home" at any time and there is usually someone there who replies.

I so hope things are going to plan for you right now, wishing you and your family a peaceful time over the next few days and let's hope that 2010 brings better news for you all.

Lots of love and gently hugs,
    Elna x