What do you hope to achieve in 2010?

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 29. Dec 2009, 11:14 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

I have been thinking about the New Year, and wondering what I will try to achieve in 2010.

I would really like to improve my skills at painting pictures. I think I need to free myself up with the paint, and not be afraid to try new techniques. At present, I use watercolours, but Joseph's work is inspiring me to try other media.

I also want to improve my computer skills. I go to a class, which I enjoy, so I will keep practising what I learn. Maybe I will get there in the end :!:

I would also like to get myself more fit than I am, so want to go swimming more often.

What would you like to achieve in 2010 :?:

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Like Joan I would like to improve my range of painting skills. Because while I am good at landscapes, I have not painted portraits for some time and I think that I would like to expand my skills more into that area.

That is part of what I hope to change for the better during 2010, as this year has ended very positively for me.
    s010.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • kiefersangel
    kiefersangel Member Posts: 30
    Options
    I would love to be back at college in september 2010 :)

I want to be able to dance again as well without worrying about my knees. It would be so much fun to get back to my dancing and sports again :) Been too long.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Rehab

Can I book you now for my charity fundraising group :?: We are raising money for A.Care next year, and we are always looking for interesting speakers. If you can't come, you could always send Alan D. Lord or Fat Kev.

Joan
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Options
    Hi all.

My goals for 2010 are pretty simple really. I have lost 1 1/2 st but still have a long way to go and by next Christmas i would like to be my 'ideal' weight.

I also want to get my life back. 2009 has been such a bad year and i will admit that i dwell on things. I look back and my life used to be so happy and carefree, even any problems that cropped up didn't seem as bad as they have done this year. I am determind to bring the old me back. I know i will still have my aches and pains but i want to deal with them better.

2010 is going to be positive and a good year.

Carol
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    2010 - we are moving house which will be a big change for me; I was born and brought up here and have had my doubts about such a major change.
    However, quite naturally, this is not now the place where I belong - that place exists only in my memory. So, my goal for next year is to try and accept changes gladly, to make our new place home, and not to look back!

Annie
  • lottiefox
    lottiefox Member Posts: 64
    Options
    Hi all

I'd like to finish my personal trainer's qualification and start working with people who've got mobility/injury problems...
    To do that I need to sort my knee(s) out so I'm going to bite the bullet for the cartilage transplant surgery recommended by my OS or try stem cell injections in the US....
    I'd like to take my new husband somewhere wonderful for our first anniversary in May as he has been my rock this difficult year
    I'd like to get a dog! (our poor cats!!)
    I'd like to focus on what I have rather than what I've lost over the past few weeks (e.g. OK I can't run, but I can still do lots of other things)
    I'd like to learn to cook Thai food - yummy!

Good luck all with your goals for 2010!! :lol: 8)
  • pheebs
    pheebs Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Hi Joan,

I'd like to get that bike I've been thinking about - keep the old knees moving and perhaps do a bit more hillwalking.

Then there's the open university courses I'm interested in so that's another challenge.

Not let my boss get to me when she's in one of her moods.

And because I'm going to be so busy I think a new kitchen would help enormously - nice to have something to cook in after a hard day at work. So.....................perhaps Rehab could help with that, when he's finished his own, of course!! My bathroom's fine so no help need there.

Pheebs x
  • joanlawson
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Rehab

Can I book you now for my charity fundraising group :?: We are raising money for A.Care next year, and we are always looking for interesting speakers. If you can't come, you could always send Alan D. Lord or Fat Kev.

Joan
    Hi Joan, that was part f my decision. Not to drag myself around the country doing lectures, so I am afraid I will have to give you a miss, sorry :cry:

Oh dear!! So it's Alan D Lord or fat Kev then! Decisions , decisions!!
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    Some of the things on my 'To Do' list for 2010 include (in no particular order).....

-Return to my glory days of being 'low maintenance' by getting well, getting fit and staying positive
    - Volunteer at the local cat shelter
    -Master a few yoga poses and increase my flexibility
    -Renovate a house
    -Try down hill skiing for the first time, even if just for one morning and enjoy rest of the time away at the bar/reading/relaxing
    -Wash the car just once to see why my hubby likes it
    -Keep AS at bay long enough to consider trying for a babe
    -Sort out the bottom of our garden
    -Travel somewhere I haven't explored
    -Go to a super posh restaurant while looking foxy and wearing very high heels
    -Enjoy a year of stability and serenity and try not to dwell on the trials and tribulations of 2009

Arna x
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Arna

I do hope you are well enough to have a babe. Good luck on that motherhood is great.

I will cross all my fingers for you.

love Trisher xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Joan,

Mines just boring really I should just like to get a sheep shed built and shear them without blacking out........ Oh and get some more blue LED's for the hawthorn :wink: Cris x
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Well mine is tough, but so is my life.

I hope to take up ballroom dancing. I would not mind having a go at ice skating either :shock:

I hope that I will have a better year than this year. To be well enough to tell my little grandson, how much I love him every day on Scype because he lives abroad.

Trisher xx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    What would I like to achieve in 2010.
    Sell some more pictures.
    Find out how I can show some on here.

I'm hoping the recent Chiro sessions will help boost my mobility in that I won't be in so much pain. My back certainly feels easier, but not my neck, which feels very bruised at the moment.
    Get back out driving again, This last year I haven't been able to
    You lose your independence when you have to rely on others to get you about.
    And as I am on skype, try and link up with some of you.
    First of all lets all have a lovely Christmas and New Year.
    Love to you all
    joy
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I would like to win my appeal and lose the last stone i have to this year and be ten stone like i want to be.
    I carnt plan anything else as this appeal thing is hanging over me.
    joanne
    Joanne
  • margaretschild
    margaretschild Member Posts: 197
    Options
    Good Morning all,

Well I would like to ensure that our new business carries on improving, sell our now too large house and settle into a rather nice bungalow I have seen.

But my biggest wish for 2010 is to sort out my wayward daughter. I know this will not happen but hey! we all have to dream.
  • margaretschild
    Options
    when you have done your daughter can ya come sort mine !! :shock: :lol:

Wish I could, but totally ran out of ideas, I am sure I was not that bad at that age :?
  • joanlawson
    Options

Wish I could, but totally ran out of ideas, I am sure I was not that bad at that age :?

Hi Linda

Don't give up :!: People go through different phases in life, and hopefully, your daughter will come through. Just be patient, and tell her that you love her.

Joan
  • joyful164
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    2010 - we are moving house which will be a big change for me; I was born and brought up here and have had my doubts about such a major change.
    However, quite naturally, this is not now the place where I belong - that place exists only in my memory. So, my goal for next year is to try and accept changes gladly, to make our new place home, and not to look back!

Annie

How lovely. Just to look forward. I sometimes think it would be nice to downsize from this place, but it must be something like a bungalow with a workshop attached. I can then get rid of all my clutter. But would the OH get ride of his?
    Luv Joy
  • joyful164
    Options

Hi you two.

Why don't you swop daughters. At the same time you could contact BBC 2 and see if they would like to cover the events as they evolve.
    Joy
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Apart from losing weight(need to get into the right frame of mind) I wish I could live somewhere quiet!So I would love to move.But that wont happen cos children settled at school.
    I wish I could get daughters stomach problems sorted as that makes both our lives so difficult.
    And I want to help my oldest son with his attitude towards schoolwork and homework which needs improving.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • margaretschild
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:

Hi you two.

Why don't you swop daughters. At the same time you could contact BBC 2 and see if they would like to cover the events as they evolve.
    Joy

Hi Joy

Brill idea, but I don't somehow think it would work, I would not wish my daughter on anyone, with or without a TV camera crew!