Ice grippers for shoes....?

Options
skezier
skezier Member Posts: 11,333
edited 24. Dec 2009, 11:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Lynn,

Hey I am still reeling there are posher and more expensive boots to top range Hunters :lol::lol::lol: :shock:

A mate of mine has some plastic thing that clip over her boots and she says they are really good in mud. I wonder if they are what they are? They don't look like the would last long but I am seeing her tomorrow so will ask her. She says she doesn't slip in mud with them on........ I can't help you except with that which could turn out to be a red herring :wink:

Was it last march we all had snow? Cus there was a post and they were mentioned a bit but I can't remember weather it was a plus or minus for them :oops:

There should be a thaw at the week end........... Ours started a bit today but changed its mind tonight :roll: Luv Cris xx

Comments

• minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, our forecast for tonight said 5cm of snow,weve been lucky so far with just a covering. Im avoiding the concrete pathing & walking on the grass where possible.
    Other than that i havent been out.
    Have to get my prescription tomorrow, but OH is taking me,use Blue badge to drop me off, then the same for the chemist.
    If we are going to get more snow, then let it be over xmas when i dont need to go out.Please, im to scared to go out,incase i slip & fall.
    debs
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Lynn,

Outside the Moors we get that sort of weather here but the thaw is coming :wink:

Have you (or you Debs) got any shoes with really deep treads? They tend to be less slippy though not so good in a fashion sense :wink:

That thread is a long time back, we had 5" of snow and thats why I think it was march time.......... That's when we have ours if we get any. If I can't sleep I will try and find it for you. Luv Cris xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,934
    Options
    Hi Lynn.
    i've had some of those they are good they do stop you from slipping.
    i'm not safe walking far as i wobble so i would not try walking in snow.
    now i have a scoota so i can still take my dog for a walk.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Thank you Joan - it's good to know you've tried them and found them helpful.

We've been up on the fells today, and the snow was fine to walk in because it wasn't compacted. It's when it gets all icy and slippery that I get a bit scared. I just might send for some after Christmas!

You and Sue have a wonderful Christmas Joan, and all the very very best for the coming year.

Love from Lynn xxxxx

HI Lynn

They are available, try Ice Grippers.uk I hope this helps. There are other available on that page.

Trish xxxx

Love Trish xxxxx