osteopath - will it be beneficial

Options
bailey27
bailey27 Member Posts: 689
edited 25. Dec 2009, 16:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

Been having major probs last couple of weeks and have got to a point where I cant walk as my hip and knee are locked.

I can get an appointment this afternoon with local osteopath. will this be beneficial or can it harm??

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Not sure Bailey, if this osteopath knows what he/she is doing, then you should be ok.

I am so sorry to hear that things have got so bad for you. We clutch at straws when we are desperate and will try anything to get back some quality of life, so I very much hope that this afternoon's appointment is of benefit to you.

Keep safe,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    Options
    Thanks
    Went to the osteopaththis afternoon. The appintment went ok.
    She manipulated my back adn can now walk and sit quite comfortably so was definatly worth the money. The aim of the appoinmtment was to be able to sit upright so I can have my xmas dinenr tomorow without ebing in pain. I find that if I try to sit upright in a chair my back goes into spasm and the pain is unbearable. I left the appoitment and my back felt absolutely fantastic, I havent felt my back so free and loose in a few years. Definately worth the money!!
    She couldt do anything with my knee and thinks I have torn cartlidge which has stuck in knee joint hence why I cant straighten my knee. Looks like another arthriscopy for me!
    The last arthroscopy they took aay somecartlidge and removed the fat pad, surely there is only so much cartlidge they can take away???
    Would love to here some advice or siggestions what I should do next.
    I am still waiting on a hospital appointment which was due 6 weeks ago. Notsure what I can do in the meantime.
    Hopefully my hips nad back will continue to feel good at least until after lunch tomorow.
    xx
    merry xmas everyone
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    I saw my GP the other day and he confirmed that I could see a Chiropractioner but not to see an osteopath. This is because he feels that it is too harsh compared to Chiro. You have to be so careful. When I was 23 and first slipped the disk in my neck, osteopaths were not welcomed by the medical profession or any alternative medicine it it came to it.

My Practioner said that I osteoarthritis in my back and hip and my neck (wear and tear was the first name given to osteoarthritis I believe) She confirmed that osteo' is responds much better than any other type of arthritis.

I did have a few sessions with an osteopath about 10 years ago but he never really helped me.
    Joy