Long flare I hope.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 27. Dec 2009, 16:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all well it’s not time for me to panic just yet but, well I was dragged down stores at work by my oh so happy line manager 3 weeks ago to help him move 5 new big swivel chairs up to the stations control room, well that night my right knee went off on one not to unexpected but it’s still giving me serious problems, I’m staring to wonder if I have finished the little cartridge I had on that kneecap off for good. As soon as I stand I start to get that old sickly pain that builds and builds and goes on for a long time even when I’ve been sitting down.

Comments

• robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    edited 24. Dec 2009, 13:59
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hi all well it’s not time for me to panic just yet but, well I was dragged down stores at work by my oh so happy line manager 3 weeks ago to help him move 5 new big swivel chairs up to the stations control room, well that night my right knee went off on one not to unexpected but it’s still giving me serious problems, I’m staring to wonder if I have finished the little cartridge I had on that kneecap off for good. As soon as I stand I start to get that old sickly pain that builds and builds and goes on for a long time even when I’ve been sitting down.

Sorry to hear that chap.........

For hell's sake don't start limping................remember they shoot old horses.........

Have a grand Yule time.........May the God and Goddess protect you......Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • mellman01
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    any meds helping at all ??

No pixy Tramadol just blocks me up and I have taken enough to kill a horse and no pain relief in sight.
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:

No pixy Tramadol just blocks me up and I have taken enough to kill a horse and no pain relief in sight.

For goodness sake...............don't mention horses.......

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • mellman01
    Options
    robertls wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:

For goodness sake...............don't mention horses.......

Rob x

Oh yes I forgot sorry! :oops:
  • lottiefox
    lottiefox Member Posts: 64
    Options
    As a fellow knee cap sufferer I feel your pain....

Hopefully the excessive chair moving (damn that boss) has just aggravated things out of all proportion rather than actually killing the cartilage.....I know mine are *just* settling from a major flare after way way too much exercise and daft stuff in September, still hurt but finally bending a bit easier and reacting to some meds, massage, stretches etc. These kneecaps have to be one of the worse things to get to calm down as they just never get a rest from moving about. :cry:

Out of interest if you google Anan Shetty and Cartifill you'll find some news stories released last week about a new technique that is apparently going to be ideal for patella cartilage loss, even significant defects.....could be an alternative to partial knee replacements....and in the UK..... :wink: I'm certainly following it with interest......
  • mellman01
    Options
    Thanks lottie I’ll have a look at that, will do pixy bloody thing is still very active, it’s odd though it was no problem last night and was ok until I got up and started using it.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Mellman

Don't know what to suggest for the pain as everywhere is shut.

Try and rest if you can

Trish xx
  • lottiefox
    lottiefox Member Posts: 64
    Options
    How goes the naughty kneecap today mell? Hope it is calming down!!!

Lottie :)