What presents did you get this year?

Options
jaspercat
jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
edited 30. Dec 2009, 05:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi, my brother bought me some bubble bath and body spray, yuck not my fragrance at all, and Malcolm and I some choccie biscuits, they won't last long!! Jasper has some gourmet cat food and a cat nip toy, he is more interested in the chicken, I bought Malcolm a couple of books, Malcolm bought me a lovely brooch in yellow and white gold, he says I deserve the best.

Anyone else get anything interesting? love Jaspercatxx

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 26. Dec 2009, 11:38
    Options
    Eh up jaspercat didn't get to many things we don't do crimbo for the adults in our family, one thing I did get as a table prezzy however was some chilli sauce, now I'm a bit of a chilli head and can just about handle Dorset Nagga's but this stuff is seriously mental really hot stuff, so it will take sometime to get through.
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    i got a ring and some sparkly mascara from ellie, a bracelet from sarah, daev bought me a coffee maker which made me very happy!!
    sarah got a wooden train set, lots of books and puzzles and some dvd's.
    ellie got books, games, pyjamas and some jewellery.
    daev got books, a t shirt and some fizzy cola bottle sweet!
    so we all did well this year.
    it was nice becauase sarah is 3 in a few week's so she got really excited about father christmas coming and lots of "ooh's" and "ah's" as she opened her presents!!
    it was lovely.
    sue
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Options
    From Hubby: new mobile phone (samsung genio touch) pnone case, phone facia, Donny & Marie cd, Carpenters cd, diary, pink smarties (my favourite colour)

From my older brother: nothing (nothing unusual there!)

From younger brother: charlie red perfume set (which he knows i like) and money (even i didn't know what i wanted this year!)

From Mum & Dad: slipper socks and hair brush (both of which i asked for) selection box (we still do these even though we're all adults) and money which was to me and my husband

From my Aunt and Uncle to me and hubby: concrete bird bath (we love garden ornaments)money, sweets and biscuits

From my cousin (the above's son) to me and hubby: a concrete bird box

My Aunt and Uncle are like a 2nd set pf parents to me and hubby.

Here are my Christmas photo's

http://s990.photobucket.com/albums/af26/carol101/CHRISTMAS 2009/?albumview=slideshow&direction=reverse

Carol X
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    clotted cream from auntie who lives down there. magic scarf from oh (pink and white love it) smellies, clothes , books read one lol sweets and lots of love what more could i ask for
    val
    val
  • jordan7j
    jordan7j Bots Posts: 346
    Options
    I got a pandora necklace from my daughter and hubbie. A gok wan beauty set,perfumes from my son, younger daughter, and friend. a new i pod (treat from me!) a new black handbag, and a lovely massager for my neck and shoulder from Amelies mum.
    Hope everyone had a good time, and as pain free as possible. (especially Trisher, if she has her ears pierced!) Love Jay x :)
  • lottiefox
    lottiefox Member Posts: 64
    Options
    Charms for my Pandora bracelet from OH plus a mini video filming type unit which is very cool, calendars, chocs, John lewis vouchers, two necklaces (one of which really is quite NASTY!!!!!), chopping board, book, bit of cash, and some funky pink slipper sock things.

And probably a few extra pounds on the tummy line after all the food!

Hope everyone had a good one!! :D:lol:
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    I love spoiling my son and daughter and the grandchildren each Christmas.

As we are doing Christmas Day tomorrow, I can't list much except what I got from my OH, which was a new watch and a Remington Volume and Curl for my hair. Instead of trying to cope with a brush in one hand and hairdryer in the other. I only need to use one hand so it will be easier to do my hair in the future, hopefully.

Some very close friends came round the other night, and they gave me a lovely letter opener, travelling clock, and an assortment of Lavender Bath things, luffa, bath oil, cream etc. all in a basket. Nice ones too.
    From My friends in Italy, I got a lovely new purse for my handbag.
    Does anyone know about the superstition about putting a coin in a new purse or handbag? and why it is done? 'cause she didn't do it and I'm worried about it being bad luck :? :?

Joy
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Big tub of celebarations,lavender soap,bottle of wine & a scarf & glove set from in laws plus cash between us.plus all the meat for xmas.
    Daughters a glove & scarf set.
    cash from my parents.
    OHs Aunty bottle of wine ( Hic )

Stepson who lives with us nothing not even a card. :x

Our present to each other is gonna be sky package after xmas.
    Plus i brought him a load of fishing gear earlier this year & he owes me a ring.
    we always buy for the house as were on a tight budget.
    Hope you all got something you wanted & have enjoy the festivitivies.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 27. Dec 2009, 08:56
    Options
    scarf
    leather gloves
    vouchers
    3 cd's
    radio to arrive because of the snow! Soooooooo am content with a piccie for now :D
    Choccies
    3 bottles wine
    biscuits made by my 16 month old grand daughter
    handcream - lots of and all sizes ie handbag size too
    dundee cake
    lovely earring box
    wheat bag - same as the one I had "worn" out :roll:
    perfume - three different types - all lovely and one of them my fav
    shower gel - that sort of thing - good pressie :D
    diary - page a day :D:D
    cash
    salt/pepper pot - two figures hugging each other - yellow and white to match our tablecloth :D
    A "must have" gift which was a blanket for a child. Comforting to think that one child would be warm because of that "pressie" to me.
    A wall calendar where I can put in photos of my choice and they will all be of my grand daughter - for sure. :D

I am sure I missed some things out.

I was such a lucky wife/ mum/gran. All were brill pressies. I am very grateful.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:
    I love spoiling my son and daughter and the grandchildren each Christmas.

From My friends in Italy, I got a lovely new purse for my handbag.
    Does anyone know about the superstition about putting a coin in a new purse or handbag? and why it is done? 'cause she didn't do it and I'm worried about it being bad luck :? :?

Joy
    my gran said if u do not give silver to some one who gives u knifes it will cut the friendship
    and if u do not put money in wallet of purse there will be a falling out and we none of us want that
    val
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    I got a DAB Roberts digital radio, a new duffle coat, dvd's, joggers etc.
    I bought my wife clothes and jewellery.
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    carol101 wrote:
    From Hubby: new mobile phone (samsung genio touch) pnone case, phone facia, Donny & Marie cd, Carpenters cd, diary, pink smarties (my favourite colour)

From my older brother: nothing (nothing unusual there!)

From younger brother: charlie red perfume set (which he knows i like) and money (even i didn't know what i wanted this year!)

From Mum & Dad: slipper socks and hair brush (both of which i asked for) selection box (we still do these even though we're all adults) and money which was to me and my husband

From my Aunt and Uncle to me and hubby: concrete bird bath (we love garden ornaments)money, sweets and biscuits

From my cousin (the above's son) to me and hubby: a concrete bird box

My Aunt and Uncle are like a 2nd set pf parents to me and hubby.

Here are my Christmas photo's

http://s990.photobucket.com/albums/af26/carol101/CHRISTMAS 2009/?albumview=slideshow&direction=reverse

Carol X

Lovely slide show Carol. Thanks.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I got chams for my bracelet one of them was a star of David and as I am not Jewish wasnt sure if I should wear it!My fave charm was an ice skate but I paid for that!Socks,knickers and Lush stuff and a fabulous jewelled T shirt.Will treat myself to a camera after Christmas.Had my 24 year old daughter Charlotte for company too.Fire alight and candles.Did I ever tell you the house next door caught fire a few years back so I am paranoid about fire!
    All in all a lovely Christmas despite all the health probs at home.
    Carol I love your sons T.Shirt!

Best wishesElizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • wallysatt
    wallysatt Member Posts: 87
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Music, books, wine and tools, no socks or novelty underpants :D Lots of love from my grandchildren which is even more special at Xmas

I'm upset for you about the pants mate!
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    one of the best ones was a travel kettle ...... much lighter to lift and easier to pour out, and it takes 850ml so will boil as much as I ever usually need :D:D:D:D:D
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Wonky

That was a nice thoughtful gift!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat,

I got a few bits and some really good boots that are as comfy as the ones I wore out in October :D But I also got some extra thermal socks, boot ones, ad they are brill :D Almost 1\4" thick and 5x warmer than ordinary thermals....... I am testing them out cus my feet get some cold and then do 'odd' things and so far the really are good :D

I hope you and Malcolm enjoyed your selves? Have a good 2010 and purrs to Jasper from this manky bunch. Luv Cris x
  • issymknight
    issymknight Member Posts: 99
    Options
    I got a lovely new Kitchen with all the mod cons. I need a degree to work the cooker believe it or not but it cooks for you just put food in and press the button and hey presto it beeps when done. I love my dishwasher i'm like a kid with a new toy I never knew how easy a dishwasher was. I also got new boots, perfume, pj's and lots of smellies.