happy boxing day

lucymum
lucymum Member Posts: 113
edited 26. Dec 2009, 17:22 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi I hope you all had a good christmas day and that you are recivering well today!!
My kids are full of christmas spirit, as was I last night, in the form od martini!!!! lol
Lucy woke up sore this morning, I don't think walking home at 9 last night in the cold helped, but she is coping well!!!
I would like to wish you all a happy new year x x x

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Lucymum

I hope Lucy had a lovely Christmas.I remember struggling to get downstairs one Christmas it was 3 before I made it but this has been my most painfree Christmas in many years.
    I see you have met lots of mums in the same position as youand I am sure that has brought you much comfort,

Roll on 2010

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Lucy's mum and Lucy and family
    i hope you all had a lovely christmas
    i hope you all have a pain free 2010
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Hi, i hope you are all having a good Boxing Day!

Let me tell you about my Cgristmas Eve.....

Had my step son stay over for a few days with him going home late Christmas Eve. He gets bored if he is with us Christmas as all his computer and xbox and stuff are at home, so we have him before christmas.

Took him to the burger bar for dinner Christmas eve then was on our way to my parents as they buy him a present.

70mph on m20.........bang.............sparks............the back box of the exhaust had fallen off!

1 hour in the cold,dark and rain waiting for the AA on side of the motorway. The 3 of us were singing the silliest song we could think of like remember you're a womble, shut upa yer face, the cheeky girls and bobbing about to keep warm. We actually had great fun!

Highways turned up and done a sweep of the motorway to find the exhaust, which luckily didn't fall right off till we had pulled on the hard shoulder, could have been a nasty accident otherwise. Then the police turned up to make sure we were ok, then maintenance turned up to take the back box away........well it was bent like f**k!
    And finally the AA turned up.

With it being Christmas though, can't get it repaired till next Tuesday!

Carol X
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Hello Carol101. How awful for you. I bet you we're exhausted.

Did you get home alright and did Christmas Day happen alright for you?

I hope you didn't suffer from your cold and wet stay in the car

Happy Boxing Day and Painfree 2010.

Love
    Joy
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Hello LucyMum

Has Lucy recovered alright from her long walk.
    Do hope you are having a lovely Christmas Holiday and have made lots of friends on here who you can relate to.

And may 2010 be a Happy One for you.

Joy
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    HI Carol,
    what a way to spend Chrismtas eve :shock: :lol:

I like the sound of the singing though - a bit like us today .... trying to amuse ourselves on the return drive when I was struggling with the pain in my back ..... good job littlelegs didn't understand most of what we were saying ... we were making up really rude saysing from people's number plate letters :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: at least we manages a smile - been in short supply until this evening.

hope you manage to get the car sorted soon,
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    delboy wrote:
    I over taxed myself in the preparations for the day and most of it was spent wallowing in self pity and misery, Xmas lunch was wasted and hardly any alcohol consumed.

As it's boxing day I'm going out to find a big issue seller to punch.

Oh dear, Delboy, I'm sorry things didn't go too well for you. Shame about the lunch and the lack of alcohol.

But why are you taking it out on a Big Issue seller :?: Don't quite understand.

Anyway, you are coming on the cruise soon, aren't you :?:

Life can only get better :!: :!: :lol::lol:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif