whinge whinge whinge

Options
daisydotes
daisydotes Member Posts: 12
edited 27. Dec 2009, 15:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone
Sorry all just feeling sorry for myself today. Xmas certainly knocks the stuffing out of you LOL bad pun.
I've got achey hands , knees and walking isn't so good.
Mum has breast cancer, poor mum the chemo is making her feel so poorly. Her next one is the 29th Dec so at least she felt a bit better over xmas. I go with mum each time and it takes all day.
Dad has Alzheimers and is very confused , all he wants to do is go out for a drive in the car all day long. Which takes up a lot of the other days.
How many days in a week are there ? 'cause it feels like many more than seven.
I love my mum and dad dearly, and feel like a complete bitch for moaning, that's why I'm moaning to you.
On top of that I'm surrounded by boxes cause I'm moving in a week.
Thanks for reading. I'm going to give myself a good talking to now, and pin the smile back on.
Love XX

Comments

• ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You've got a lot going on at the moment and if you can't have a moan here then where can you? I'm sure your Mum is so glad to have you with her to share a bit of the burden she's carrying and especially as things with your Dad are'nt too good. Try to get as much rest as you can between doing everything that you have to. Hope this is a better week and new year for you. Good luck,
    rita
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Daisy

I am so sorry to hear about your mum and dad and your aches and pains. You do have a lot on your plate at the moment, what with the move as well.

Your mum will be so grateful that you are with her at the chemo sessions. I helped to keep my SIL buoyant during all that and we really had to encourage her to continue at one point because she was always so terribly ill afterwards, as you well know from how your mum is feeling. Your support means so much to your mum even though it is difficult for you. Try to think of the times she was there for you. Roles are reversed now and this does often happen. I have had experience of that with my mum too.

My SIL is fine 13 or more years on and she never forgets how she was helped/supported along by the family.

This is a good place to call in and pour out your heart. I have done, in the past and I found it very therapeutic.

I do hope you feel better soon and that all goes well with your mum and that help is or will become available for your dad.

Keep calling in as often as you wish, someone will always reply which does help.

Chin up,

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • daisydotes
    Options
    ritwren wrote:
    You've got a lot going on at the moment and if you can't have a moan here then where can you? I'm sure your Mum is so glad to have you with her to share a bit of the burden she's carrying and especially as things with your Dad are'nt too good. Try to get as much rest as you can between doing everything that you have to. Hope this is a better week and new year for you. Good luck,
    rita

Thanks Rita, and thanks for replying to my moan.
    My mum is a star, as a lot of mum's are, I'm frightened of losing her.
    Just having a bad day.
    Happy New Year to you too X
  • daisydotes
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    Dear Daisy

I am so sorry to hear about your mum and dad and your aches and pains. You do have a lot on your plate at the moment, what with the move as well.

Your mum will be so grateful that you are with her at the chemo sessions. I helped to keep my SIL buoyant during all that and we really had to encourage her to continue at one point because she was always so terribly ill afterwards, as you well know from how your mum is feeling. Your support means so much to your mum even though it is difficult for you. Try to think of the times she was there for you. Roles are reversed now and this does often happen. I have had experience of that with my mum too.

Thanks Elna for writng back to me.
    It's such a help talking to people who understand.
    Just a bad day today.
    I'll soon get my sensible head back on.
    Cheers Hun x

My SIL is fine 13 or more years on and she never forgets how she was helped/supported along by the family.

This is a good place to call in and pour out your heart. I have done, in the past and I found it very therapeutic.

I do hope you feel better soon and that all goes well with your mum and that help is or will become available for your dad.

Keep calling in as often as you wish, someone will always reply which does help.

Chin up,

Love
    Elna x
  • rosyred
    rosyred Member Posts: 150
    Options
    I feel for u hunny..

U have so much going on and who is looking out for you??

love n hugs xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    daisy poor u so much on your plate and then arther well done on coping as well as u r and glad u felt able to let off steam to us it does help to know some one understands
    val
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw Daisy,

I had to reply to your post. When you have experienced, similar to others, it is then that you really know what it is like. That is why this site is such a good place to call in. There are so many people on here that have had to deal with all sorts of scenarios in their lives as well as our common bond on here of all types of arthritis.

To receive a reply, cyber hugs and sympathy, even if there is no solution, does seem to lessen the load. Bashing out one's feelings on the keyboard and pressing send to this site seems to help and you can usually guarantee one reply at least and usually many more.

We do get this inner strength at these times, goodness knows where it comes from, but we do have to get away too, even for a short while, if at all possible.

I do hope that you are able to do that. We may not be able to rid ourselves of the arthritis but we do need a break when there is so much else in our lives to contend with too. I so hope that you have others that can help you at this time and these burdens are not placed on you alone.

You have all my sympathy, do keep calling in.

Love
    Elna x(((((h)))))
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • daisydotes
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    Aw Daisy,

I had to reply to your post. When you have experienced, similar to others, it is then that you really know what it is like. That is why this site is such a good place to call in. There are so many people on here that have had to deal with all sorts of scenarios in their lives as well as our common bond on here of all types of arthritis.

To receive a reply, cyber hugs and sympathy, even if there is no solution, does seem to lessen the load. Bashing out one's feelings on the keyboard and pressing send to this site seems to help and you can usually guarantee one reply at least and usually many more.

We do get this inner strength at these times, goodness knows where it comes from, but we do have to get away too, even for a short while, if at all possible.

I do hope that you are able to do that. We may not be able to rid ourselves of the arthritis but we do need a break when there is so much else in our lives to contend with too. I so hope that you have others that can help you at this time and these burdens are not placed on you alone.

You have all my sympathy, do keep calling in.

Love
    Elna x(((((h)))))

Thanks Elna for taking the time to write to me.
    It does help a lot knowing people understand and are so kind.
    I've had a good cry, kicked myself up the **** mentally, and am ready to get on with it, again LOL
    Love Daisy xx
  • daisydotes
    Options
    hi daisey dont think we have met yet :wink: im jan the norty pixy welcome home hun , it must be so hard for you seeing both your parents suffering like they are, they are supposed to be big strong and supporting us, how very dare they be ill :( . you come in here and shout rant and scream any time, we can always put ear plugs in if need be 8) .i lost both my mam and dad b4 i was 22 both unexpected so i didnt have to see them suffer like you are, i feel for you so much, so hard to count any blessings when your in pain and feeling angry i expect , huge hugs jan xxx

Hi Jan
    Thanks for writing to me, after reading about your mum and dad I have an awful lot to be grateful for.
    What a lot of lovely people there are on this site.
    big hug norty pixy
    xx daisy
  • daisydotes
    Options
    valval wrote:
    daisy poor u so much on your plate and then arther well done on coping as well as u r and glad u felt able to let off steam to us it does help to know some one understands

Thanks valval for writing to me, what a relief to find this site so many lovely people.
    XX
  • daisydotes
    Options
    rosyred wrote:
    I feel for u hunny..

U have so much going on and who is looking out for you??

love n hugs xx

Hi Rosyred

I'm feeling a bit better now, just to know there's someone out there who you can share stuff with, it's such a relief. Didn't I read you're feeling rotten yourself at the mo, and yet you took time out to write to me.
    Don't give up hun XX
    Big hug Daisy