SOS Talisman bracelets

Options
lizzie7ne
lizzie7ne Member Posts: 154
edited 29. Dec 2009, 07:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Does anyone know where I can buy one of those bracelets/necklaces in which I can store med information. I have heard of Medic Alert but understand there is a yearly subscription which I may find too much but someone told me you can get bracelets etc in which you can store the med info?

I hope you all had a nice christmas and have a good new year

lizzie

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, have you typed it into google? I have seen them at the local health food shop, we have in the town and advertised in magazines. I think Google would be a good starting point. Take care, love Sue
  • jordan7j
    jordan7j Bots Posts: 346
    Options
    Hi lizzie, I looked on a site called ICE GEMS they do all different types of bracelets and necklaces etc. Some can be expensive though. :)
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Lizzie I have sent you a PM with the URL for the sos talisman site,
    but you could also google sos talisman and you will see it come up in the first few hits.

I have had one of these for a long time - I chose them over the medic alert because I only needed to pay once, I had more than one condition and that was not easy to have added to the medic alert tag, and there was no phone call to make if my meds changed (and they frequently do! :roll: ) as I could just pop a new paper strip in.

I have two different ones - one like a watch, and one on a chain for when my wrists are bad or I go swimming etc.

the only slight disadvantage is that it can be a bit fiddly to fill in and change the paper strip, but I wait until I have a good day or get someone to help me.

hope that helps.
    wonky
  • lizzie7ne
    lizzie7ne Member Posts: 154
    Options
    Hi everyone, Thankyou for your help. Wonky thanks for the PM, I have replied, by PM , hope you get the message, I am new to the forum and first time I have sent a PM. I too have more than one medical condition and the talisman sounds right for me, thanks for explaining it to me

lizzie