helpful gadget for holding books when reading

Options
Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 29. Dec 2009, 09:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI all,

well I have been into town today looking at the sales, managed to drag my hubby into lakeland and I managed to get a half price 'book chair' that is like a deckchair that you put on your table or onto a tray and it will hold your book for you whilst you read.

I am really pleased as it will hold even my thicker books and it has different angles that it can be set at. Even works on my lap tray

Not bad for £7 I think - on sale at Lakeland at the mo but I've seen them in lots of bookshops too.

Comments

• salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Wonkylegs wrote:
    HI all,

well I have been into town today looking at the sales, managed to drag my hubby into lakeland and I managed to get a half price 'book chair' that is like a deckchair that you put on your table or onto a tray and it will hold your book for you whilst you read.

I am really pleased as it will hold even my thicker books and it has different angles that it can be set at. Even works on my lap tray

Not bad for £7 I think - on sale at Lakeland at the mo but I've seen them in lots of bookshops too.

Hi Wonky, that's a good find. I love Lakeland, could spend a fortune in there. Might go online and see if I can get one as I can't hold my book sometime.
    x
  • ifeelninety
    ifeelninety Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Thanks, Must have a wee look at that - I tend to pick books now according to their weight - the hardback and heavy ones are out ! Got my hubby an ereader for Christmas and it is light as a feather really , but not sure I will get a look in with it! I did get some useful present though - a new lighter hairdryer ( last one was really big) and a smaller lighter camera .
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, That sounds like a really good idea, I have problems like that. If I try to read the newspaper at the table, which is the only way I can manage, one of my cats comes and sits on it! :lol:
    Love Sue