How long do flares last?.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 29. Dec 2009, 14:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've had a flare in my right knee for over 3 weeks, but thank god it's now gone, can anyone tell me how long they can go on for.

Comments

• lizzie7ne
    lizzie7ne Member Posts: 154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Mellman,

I think its very variable. I have RA and I can have flares that last weeks or just days. Hope you are feeling better soon

lizzie
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    lizzie7ne wrote:
    Hi Mellman,

I think its very variable. I have RA and I can have flares that last weeks or just days. Hope you are feeling better soon

lizzie

Thanks for the reply it's a tad daft of me asking really but this is the longest and strongest one I've had.
  • slummymummy
    slummymummy Member Posts: 69
    Options
    I've had RA for about 2 years now, and I'm not really sure that a 'flare' exists :roll:
    For me, I'm either in severe pain, or I'm in mild pain, all the time. If I'm in severe pain it's probably because I've overdone it, running around after the kids, or doing too much at work (or too much sledging... eeek). Or it's because I've forgotten to take my tablets :oops: 8)
    Sometimes my hands look more puffy for a week or so, but that doesn't always mean that they're more painful.
    Sorry if this isn't the reply you were hoping for!
    Slummy
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi Mellman
    Glad you are feeling a bit better now at least :)
    I think flares can really vary in length - a day up to weeks and weeks and some like you maybe slummymummy can have symptoms all the time :(
    Take care
    Love
    Toni xx