is it the pain or hospital app.

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 1. Jan 2010, 08:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
well one of them is keeping me awake . well the pain u know and waiting for pain meds to kick in. the hospital, well got second visit tomorrow no swelling last time i went and not much to see this time but in pain and feel sure he will think i wasteing his time and i think that what keeping me awake i could cry at times with pain it so bad and different joints seem to vibrate with pain at different frequancys so vibrate with pain all over at times and makes me feel sick and dizzy (if bad) i know that not best discription but best way i can discribe it . when flare up pain is sharper and louder but rest of time it low key but always there there is no way i can explain to doc not had any xrays so do not even know how bad joints r it could be i got very low pain thresh hold wish i had some answers wish it would go away . SORRY feeling sorry for my self again and it not good but well u all know will go to bed in a bit and get some sleep sure will feel better tomorrow
val

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Val,

Sorry this happening to you. Maybe they will change your pain relief for something better for you? There are so many combinations and I hope they find something to suit you. I hope they also do some x-rays for you! Its not a case of a low pain barrier, I think you just need better meds. I really hope your next appointment will help you so much more. Luv, ((( ))) and a hope tomorrow will be better for you. Cris x
  • valval
    Options
    thanks feel much better this morning was feeling bit down try not to let it get me like that but just some times it does thanks for your reply it always helps to know others out there who understand thank you val
    val
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hello Valval

Hi chuck, sorry you feeling so bad. All you can do is take your meds, wrap up warm and try and get some rest. I think I shall be heading for a flare up too.

Don't forget to try and work your heat and cold pads to get the inflammation down.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Joy
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Val

Sorry you are having such a bad time and the pain is overwhelming for you. Sounds like you are really needing some answers in order to understand what you are dealing with, hope they do X rays for you at least. I really hope the appointment goes well, that you are given the time to explain how you feel and get some relief from the pain. Take care.
    Chris
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Val I do hope your hospital visit goes well for you. Don't ever apologise for being in pain, it's something that we can only try to control but can be so very difficult to manage. Pain is such an individual thing and no 2 people have exactly the same pain even if they have the same disease. It sounds like you have not got adequate pain relief and I'd talk to your GP about this and let them know how much it is affecting your quality of life. Best of luck,
    rita
  • valval
    Options
    thanks all rhummy lovely just hate talking to docs they should come on here and read what we put would make life so much easyer . well bloods did show mild inflimation last time even though had no swelling to show him. so more tabs to go with others hydroxychloroquine any one tried them do they help ???
    val
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Val

Never apologise for being in pain. We are all in the same boat. We all know what the pain is about too.

Don't know why your docs have not x rayed you, sometimes it does not matter.

I had x rays, then when I had the op the other week Arthur was much worse than it showed on x rays

You describe your pain, we all know what you mean.

I hope the new meds help Val.

Trish xx
  • valval
    Options
    hi feel so much better today do not know what caused it but it the best i have felt for ages and now the sun has come out what more could we ask for thanks every one for being there when needed. and hope u all have great pain free new year
    k0104.gif
    val
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hello Val.

So glad that you are feeling better. It's awful when you get into that black hole of pain and you just cannot explain how bad it is.
    Worse when you go for your appointment and you 'look fine'.
    Your blood tests will show the consultant how bad the inflammation is. Now obviously your meds are kicking in and helping. That's good.
    Let's hope it lasts. How many times have we said that.
    Just keep yourself warm and rest well.

Luv from
    Joy