do you think nature is trying to tell me something????

nick55
nick55 Member Posts: 119
edited 30. Dec 2009, 09:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
last night, just about going to bed, I reached under the table with my left foot for my shoe. then I found out rather painfully my left hip is as bad as the right hip. It is now! most most painful, almost a few expletives sounded, but I don't swear normally.
so, hobbling about slightly, hip telling me to rest when I want to walk, I wonder if this is purely fortuitous or simply a reminder of some sort.
I had hoped to keep my left side in decent shape as i am unable to lie on my right in bed and have had excruciating pain at times when I have fallen asleep on it.
I say this with some sense of humour, as an aside shall we say. But nature certainly tells us when things are not quite the way we wish them to be.
At least the heavy digging and bush clearance is done in the garden to my delight, so, in case anyone says i am lazy, please tell that to my left hip!!!!!!!
I think I just strained it whilst reaching for my shoe!!!
but it is so easy to do if it is arthritic.
please feel free to laugh, by all means.........

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Nick
    Poor you!
    I really do hope you have just overdowne it with all that digging, but in the meantime you might just have to listen to your body and rest up a bit. The weather is grotty so won't do you any harm to rest eh?
    Hope you do fell better soon - yes nature has it's ways eh?!
    Love
    Toni x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Nick

I am sorry to read your post. Your body is definitely trying to tell you something. One may not have arthritis for these things to happen. My 30 year old daughter carried downstairs a sack of her old school books for recycle, put the sack down by the back door and knew she had done a very foolish thing. Her back definitely told her in no uncertain terms she had overdone the carrying. She is now walking about crab fashion with a heated wheatbag constantly with her and dosed up on anti inflams.

Time for hibernation, I feel.

I do hope you feel better soon and I did not laugh at your posting.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • nick55
    but it certainly shows us where a weakness is. I am sorry to hear about your daughter, but at least, on a rainy day we have no choice to rest. Might as well enjoy the rain I suppose
    the thought comes to me, if the doctor asks where does it hurt, I could just say, wait until I put my shoe on!! ( I am not seeing the doctor)-joke

best wishes,

Nick
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Hi Nick. Gosh, wish I could get that amount of work done in my garden. It looks a mess.

Sorry about the hip. Easy done. All you can do is put some heat on it for awhile or may be cold will help.
    Have a rest. I am finding with my hips at the moment if I sit down they are worse and I cannot lie on my left or right sides now because my hips are so sore.

I think you will have to do a bit of resting and then a bit of walking.
    It's awful when you rest and then seize up don't know what to do with yourself.
    Hope you feel better soon and can get out in that garden of yours when it gets warmer.
    Bye Nick. good luck.
    Joy
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    nick well done on getting so much done sorry about your hip rest and warmth it might settle down again u prob. over did it
    val
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Sorry you've had such a painful problem, Nick. Take advantage of the weather and rest up for a few days. I have now dug myself in and battened down the hatches until next week!

Annie
  • nick55
    what a very good idea, after listening to the wind out there.
    I am going for walk on new years day, i think, but one must balance this with rest.
    I just wanted to be a bit lighthearted about it when I made the post, but as they say, in a kind of way, it only hurts when I laugh!!! or put my shoe on....

Nick

annie_mial wrote:
    Sorry you've had such a painful problem, Nick. Take advantage of the weather and rest up for a few days. I have now dug myself in and battened down the hatches until next week!

Annie