Wot's up wiv my Thumb?

annie_mial
annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
edited 30. Dec 2009, 18:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
Woke up in the night (after finally getting to sleep) with my left thumb completely locked bent, both joints.

It took ages to free it up and now my whole arm aches up to my elbow.

Go away 2009!

Annie

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    My thumb has also been giving me trouble, a few weeks ago I couldn't open jars and driving was a problem but now it's not to bad!?, still aches sometimes also my right jaw crackles and hurts when I try to eat or when I yawn these day's., Oh have you got OA or RA?.
  • annie_mial
    Dunno what I've got Mell, all I do know is that it's not OA! When they make up their minds what it is, they'll let me know......they promised.

Rehab, I'm right handed, but the left hand has always been the worse of the two.........left ankle and foot, too, but the right knee.

Just a crazy mixed-up kid, that's me......

Annie
  • annie_mial
    Definitely not due to texting; Rehab, OS is a new abbreviation to me, heard of AS?

Annie
  • annie_mial
    Not that, either; it's lefthanditis!

Annie
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Hi Annie

I have the same probs with my thumbs and some fingers aswell.
    Are you able to get referral to Occupational Therapist? Perhaps you need your splints on at night.

Joy
  • annie_mial
    Thanks all. Will ask about referral to OT if it keeps doing it. It did it over Christmas when we were away, just the thumb joint, I put it down to sleeping awkwardly in a strange bed. Last night it was all of it, so it wasn't that!

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Annie

Perhaps you suck it when you are alseep!!!!

Trish xx
  • annie_mial
    trisher wrote:
    Annie

Perhaps you suck it when you are alseep!!!!

Trish xx

Now there's a thought! Hoping it doesn't happen tonight......I'll take my teeth out before I go to bed.

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Annie

It is funny because my index finger on the left hand is really painful and has gone stiff.

I can only bend it at the top digit. The pain is down the finger both sides and the knuckle joint and on the oposite side.

I suppose it could be due to having the cast on the other hand, I 'm using this more.

Trish xx
  • annie_mial
    It probably is you using it more - but you take your teeth out tonight, too, just in case!

Annie