Jaw pain

Options
madness1985
madness1985 Member Posts: 293
edited 30. Dec 2009, 09:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
Afternoon,

I hope everyone had a lovely n painfree christmas.

Well yesturday afternoon i started the long drive to scotland (i didnt drive as i dnt trust my neck on long journeys). Anyway i had a sleep fo about an hour, wish i hadnt.

Anyway ive woken up this morning with pain in every single joint there is going. But worryingly my jaw, my right hand side of jaw is killing me its the join were the top n botto meet, it feels realli painful to open n shut my jaw and i just dont want to eat either because of the pain.

I suspect its RA cuz my left jaw plays but too. I dnt want to get out of bed im so drained from the journey n pain everywere, ive taken painkillers n im just tired, feel like my feet r going to crumble if i put them on the floor.

Sorry feelling quite sorry for myself today x

Comments

• jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, I have this problem on occasion too, it is made worse if you grind your teeth, I am afraid that I have found nothing to help me, hope it soon wears off love Jaspercatxx
  • rosebud
    rosebud Member Posts: 52
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I already have a diagnosis of Trigeminal Neuralgia, When it flares up I don't just get the typical stabbing pains but also a very, very sore jaw on left hand side. Normal pain killers don't touch it.

Taking 50mg amitryptiline at night seems to keep it at bay. I'm now starting to question the TN diagnosis since developing arthritis in my wrist.