Discharged from rhymy

Options
minky67
minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
edited 1. Jan 2010, 07:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, as it say above he discharged me today as i have no inflammation & they cant do no more for me. im now under the care of my pain clinic consultant.

I got a bit out of the appointment.
He told me my problem with my right hand/ wrist is Tenosinovitis ( i got dx with that at 17 so this has progressively got worse )
He fitted me with a new thumb splint instead of the wrist splint. He said it would be better as i need the support for my thumb. The tendons are very sore & swollen.

I also got my referal to OT :D just have to wait for them to ring me with an appointment.

So all in all i feel like im finally getting somewhere.I just hope the OT can help with what i need.
Just need to get rid of this viral infection ive got now.
Hope your all doing well.
luv debs

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Debs, lovely to find someone else ending the year on a positive note.
    Hope you shake off that virus soon - sometimes it seems never-ending, doesn't it?
    All the good wishes for the New Year and hope your OT appointment comes through quickly.

Annie
    xx
  • minky67
    Options
    Hi Anne, i had a problem this morning.
    I was meant to take a stool sample into pathology whilst at the hospital & because i had to take an anti diahora tablet last night i couldnt do the sample this morning. :oops:
    I'll try again tomorrow & take it to surgery.
    Ive got IBS, so my system is terrible at the best of times. :oops:
    If not it will have to wait til after new yr.
    Ive eaten more than i should have today & set it all of again.I was straving.
    Its good to get some good news for a change though.
    luv debs
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Debs

Wow been discharged. I hope you enjoy your release. :D

I hope they can sort you out soon Debs.

What sort of splint have you got for your thumb? My finger one is blue and a sort of rubbery thing. It hurts to wear it though.

Trish xx
  • minky67
    Options
    Hi Jan, i think the turkey & gravy set of my IBS just hoping its that & not an infection.

Hi Trisher,ive got a brown splint with velco. simalar to the splints you get from othadontics.
    Ive just washed it as it rubbing like mad.
    It goes around your wrist & fastens, then round your thumb & fastens there too.
    debs
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Debs

Glad you had a good appointment and felt it had gone ok. Hope the referral to the OT comes soon and gives you some support. Yes do shift that infection as soon as you can. Hope the New Year is a much better one for you.
    Take care
    Chris
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Debs,

I'm late tonight, sorry.

Glad they are sending you to ot, hope you get the phone call soon. The pain clinic are a good move cus if they have soul charge it is better really. Good luck and when do you have your next appointment r do they do it dif to the ones down here? Could an Ortho help you at all? Mind they also would prob refer you back to the pain clinic but it might be an idea to ask your gp what he thinks about seeing one. Luv and a ((( ))) Cris.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi glad it not ra but sorry u not sorted yet sound like they getting there though good luck and happy new year
    val
  • minky67
    Options
    Hi Chris, Lynn & Val,Thanks & a happy new year to you to all.

Hi, Cris, Happy new year & i hope the de-nerving has gone well.
    I'm waiting for an acupuncture appointment to come through. Thats a 6wk course then i should see the consultant again to disguse the next stage of my treatment.

Well were nearly at the end of the year & the start of a new decade :shock: were do the years go.
    luv debs
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello,
    Good luck with the Pain Clinic. I go and see one, in fact I have to go quite soon, so must check the date! They do offer you some new ways of looking at the pain and are really interested in how you can manage it. As I have OA I find this usful, although some of the ideas are things that I am not too sure about, but I can talk these over with my GP.

So Good Luck for the New Year! Love Sue :D
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hello Debs.
    Do hope you get on alright with the thumb splint. Try and get as much help from the OT as possible. Also another hope you don't have to wait too long for physio. I think I have mentioned before on the forum that i bought one of those Champneys Paraffin wax baths for treating my hands. One of the best things I have ever bought.
    I have suffered from Diverticulitis on and off over the years. My mother had it too. Have to be careful what you eat - bacon is suppose to irritate it. It hasn't bothered me in awhile, especially since I went on a dairy free diet. Sometimes IBS can lead to Diverticulitis.
    With IBS, you have to try and not get stressed. A work colleague of mine suffered badly with it so I sympathise with you a lot.
    Here's wishing you more and more improvement during the year and plenty of ((((((((()))))))) from me. Joy