Bad back

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 31. Dec 2009, 08:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm sorry to moan but not sure where else to go. :( My back is extremely stiff and painful. When I bend down, I can't reach past my knees and I can't twist round properly. I think I'm in a flare because I was feeling better but last few days have been terrible; I'm feeling flu-ish, exhaused and having terrible pain in my affected joints. Could my back pain be muscular or something else? I'm not sure what to do but I can't carry on like this, especially because I go back to work on Monday. I've even considered phoning to make a rhuemy appt but that's probably way OTT. :oops:

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Princess

So sorry to hear about your back pain. My daughter did hers in at ours, carrying down a sackful of her old text books for recycle. She took anti inflams and practically permanently had a heated wheatbag on her lower back as that is where her back goes, when it does. 4 days later she is on the mend and actually went for a walk this afternoon. She is 30 years old.

I am not sure what to suggest. It does not look good does it not going back into work after a break - I well know the feeling. :roll: But, if you are not well enough, do not go in, unless you wish to prove a point and then come home again. :)

I would try to see a gp or your rheumy tomorrow if it is no better and put your mind at rest hopefully.

I do hope you are not feeling as bad as when you wrote your message.

Look after yourself,

Luv
    Elna x(())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Princess,

I am sorry to read you have pain. Back pain is so hard to avoid, every move seems to niggle it.

I couldn't say its muscular or something else but it does sound very familiar. I think you should at least see your gp about it. As a very general rule (and also how mine is) muscular is sharp and off center but we are all different and really you should take it to see someone. I hope it soon eases for you. I also think work might not be too good an idea just now but do understand the need to work. ((( ))) Cris
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Hi princess,

I am exactly the same as you at the moment! I have had this flare for a couple of weeks and been going to work, but couldn't deal with the pain at work anymore. Perhaps go in and you can always go home sick, you won't worry about being off then. Get the wheat bag out and rest up.
    Hope you feel better soon.

Janie
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Thank you for your replies and support. I'm actually seeing my rheumy at the end of Jan and I'm not sure he'd be the right person to see. I have a physio and I'm going to give her a phone call next week. I hope she can help. I'm dosing up on painkillers and resting.

Thank you again and wish you all a happy, healthy new year.
    x