Hello to all - newbie here!

emma67
emma67 Member Posts: 3
edited 2. Jan 2010, 03:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Happy new year for tomorrow to all... :D

I am new to the forum. I have sero negative arthritis and I would like to get info and help from anyone else that has had problems with ulnar nerve compression. I suffer with numbness, tingling and pain in my little finger and adjacent finger. The little finger has shifted away from it's neighboor :shock: and it is quite uncomfortable. It is yet another problem that I am assuming is related to my arthritis :? and makes me really cross :x I see my rheumy in a month, but I am keen to try and find out more before I see her. Any info would be be really welcome.

Emma

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Emma

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone will be able to help you - the board is not so busy the last few days but I am sure when all is back to "normal" everyone will be back.

I shall be travelling to the IOW for new year just for the festivities and then back on the ferry early on new years day. I love to see the sea at new year if I am able as I live nowhere near it.

Look after yourself, I hope to see your name on the forum again very soon and hope 2010 will be a happy one for you.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • lizzie7ne
    lizzie7ne Member Posts: 154
    Hi Emma, Welcome to the forum, I am new here too just joined a few weeks ago and have found the friendship and support offered by the people on this forum to be fantastic.

I too have RA, I dont have the problem with the fingers you describe but I am sure someone here will be able to help you.

I do have something similar with my toes in my left foot, tingling in a middle toe, sometimes numbness and it sometimes moves of its own accord, it comes and goes, when the RA is well controlled I dont have a problem when its less controlled I get the symptoms.

bye for now

lizzie
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi Emma, a big welcome from me too, I do have RA but also have tingling and pins and needles in my fingers and feet, the obvious question is have you spoken to your gp about it? I have to see an Neurologist about mine, maybe yours is not connected to the sero-negative Ra, so maybe your gp is a good place to start love Jaspercatxx
  • englishrose
    englishrose Member Posts: 99
    emma67 wrote:
    Happy new year for tomorrow to all... :D

I am new to the forum. I have sero negative arthritis and I would like to get info and help from anyone else that has had problems with ulnar nerve compression. I suffer with numbness, tingling and pain in my little finger and adjacent finger. The little finger has shifted away from it's neighboor :shock: and it is quite uncomfortable. It is yet another problem that I am assuming is related to my arthritis :? and makes me really cross :x I see my rheumy in a month, but I am keen to try and find out more before I see her. Any info would be be really welcome.

Emma

Hi Emma,
    Welcome here, it s a great site and very helpful.
    I have RA and the fingers on my left hand, except the index, have all gone over to the left. I think it is called ulna shift.
    My right hamd is not so bad but if it gets cold due to the weather or perhaps washing veggies in cold weather, it just dies on me. My fingers go white and my nails go mauve and they tingle when the feeling comes back. All part of the fun of RA.
    Keep posting.
    Jane
  • emma67
    emma67 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks to all for your kind welcome and comments. I am to see my GP later next week, so hopefully will get some help from him.
    I will let you know how I get on.
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    hi Emma, I am sero negative also. Not much difference between RA and that according to my gp and rheum nurse. I also had tingling etc. in fingers and was sent for a neurological test. Your rhematologist will refer you I imagine, like mine did. Good luck.
    Sally