esa

Options
markc1
markc1 Member Posts: 253
edited 5. Jan 2010, 02:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,Happy New Year!...now i have been retired and while i try to find a new job i have applied for ESA which appears to be what i can claim with my disability of 20% through industrial injuries.
Lady from jobcentre says i must submit sick notes from doctor even though i have my medical retirement certificate ,is this correct?she says i am ok to claim from 23 Dec and ESA is more suitable than Jobseekers allowance.
Any advice? a015.gif

Comments

• markc1
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    markc1 wrote:
    Hi everyone,Happy New Year!...now i have been retired and while i try to find a new job i have applied for ESA which appears to be what i can claim with my disability of 20% through industrial injuries.
    Lady from jobcentre says i must submit sick notes from doctor even though i have my medical retirement certificate ,is this correct?she says i am ok to claim from 23 Dec and ESA is more suitable than Jobseekers allowance.
    Any advice? a015.gif

No thoughts anyone??? :o
  • jordan7j
    jordan7j Bots Posts: 346
    Options
    Hi Mark, have you tried the work forum? People on there would know more regarding this sort of thing. Also try the CAB, they will know exdactly where you stand, sorry thats all I can say.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    HELLO I've been retired from work through ill health and althogh I have a pension, I still have to send certificates in. ESA is what I am trying to claim as I am not fit for work, which you are supposed to be for jobseekers allowance. Thats my understanding of it anyway. Good luck. Sue
  • markc1
    Options
    woodbon wrote:
    HELLO I've been retired from work through ill health and althogh I have a pension, I still have to send certificates in. ESA is what I am trying to claim as I am not fit for work, which you are supposed to be for jobseekers allowance. Thats my understanding of it anyway. Good luck. Sue

Thanks Sue,thats what i was told yesterday when the ESA paperwork arrived.I have to send my ill health retirement certificate etc. and sick notes to them.
    I'm on that today,thanks. a020.gif