Whats going on?

Options
madness1985
madness1985 Member Posts: 293
edited 1. Jan 2010, 01:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hey,

As i said in an earlier post i have been brought up to scotland for new year to see my long term partners family. I feel absolutly awful because im really tired as in if i go for a drive to local town 20miles away im tired by time i get back! i also feel realli stiff constantly. its just about 0 degrees highest its been is 2c since we have been here. Im just so tired and achy.

Do you think the RA is making me tired cuz of the cold so its like doubly fighting? I just feel so bad ive spent no time with them ive just been in bed sleeping and we r leaving again in a few days as i have a hospital appointe, ne1 got ne tips?

Ive just got no energy!

x

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    so sorry you are feeling like that - it is awful when you can't do what you want to.

I think you may be right that the cold isn't helping - but also worrying about it won't help either.

Try to wear as many layers of clothing as you can, and try if you can to keep your neck and wrists covered, and not to let your feet get cold at all (wear socks in bed even if you feel silly doing so :lol: ) and it might just help a bit. I try to do that since getting the advice from the physio dept to do so, as it is harder to get warm than to keep warm if that makes sense?

I do hope you feel better soon ...... but don't fret about what you can't do..... you'll waste the energy you do have :wink:
  • madness1985
    madness1985 Member Posts: 293
    Options
    Hey Wonky,

Thanks for the reply. It makes perfect sence i have been wearing my thermal socks which i have in 2 colours! I surpose its just annoying coz its NYE n im still tired. Wish i was at home this reminds me of the start of ra the fatigue and no energy.

x
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    I hope it's not the start of a big flare up but it could be that the trip etc... is just taking more out of you this time. Hope you managed to have a good evening and enjoy the rest of your visit. Good luck.
    rita :)