Reasons NOT to have kids

Options
ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 12. Jan 2010, 04:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
I know, you never thought I'd post that title, did you? As you all know and wished me well, it was my birthday yesterday. Here are some of the comments my girls made in the run up to and on my birthday:

- You're 33, mama, that's REALLY old (Ellen, 11)
- Actually, you are exactly 3 times as old as I am, how cool is that? (Ellen, 11)
- Was everything in black and white when you were little? (Simie, 7)
- It's my mamma's birthday tomorrow and she's going to be 33 (Jassie, 6, to her ballet teacher, her school teacher, our neighbours, the lady on the checkout at Asda - basically, anyone who would listen)
- Will you have to walk with a stick soon, mamma? (Jassie, 6)
- When you go to the hairdressers, will you have a short curly blue hair style like old ladies wear now (Simie, 7) - this one had my hubby in fits of laughter
- Shall we put 33 candles on your cake, mamma? Oh no, we won't be able to see the picture on the cake if we do that (Ellen, 11)
- And she won't be able to blow all those out either (Simie, 7)

I wouldn't swap them for the world, really :-) Thanks again for all your birthday wishes.

Nina X

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,953
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Nina.
    how nice
    my friend and her husband used to go ballroom dancing[this was when their children were young.]
    one evening they went upstairs to change when there was a knock on the front door the little girl went and opened the door and said to the man
    my mum and dad cant come to the door they are getting un dressed. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    at least u did not get the fire men will have to come to put all those candles out lol
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Nina

Having met your lovely girls, I can just imagine them saying all those things :!: :lol:

Well, if you don't want your girls, pass them over to me :!: :!: They are gorgeous :!: :D:D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    ..........I know, you never thought I'd post that title, did you? Nina X

Gosh Nina, your right - that Subject Title really shocked me coming from you :shock: I wondered what on earth the girls had done!! Nice posting though :)

Jackie x
  • ninakang
    Options
    Hi Joan

Yes, they are gorgeous (what do you expect with a mother like theirs?!!) but they are also so sharp they will cut themselves one day. You can have them if you want, but who will make me drinks when I want to put my feet up?

I didn't have candles on my cake after that, I just cut it up, they made me a bit fed up with their comments, actually. I'm storing them up for when they all turn 33!

Nx
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Hi Nina,

33...... gosh I wish I was 33 again :) Come to that, 43 wasn't bad either!

Have a nice day,

Jackie x
  • margaretschild
    margaretschild Member Posts: 197
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    Hi Joan

Yes, they are gorgeous (what do you expect with a mother like theirs?!!) but they are also so sharp they will cut themselves one day. You can have them if you want, but who will make me drinks when I want to put my feet up?

I didn't have candles on my cake after that, I just cut it up, they made me a bit fed up with their comments, actually. I'm storing them up for when they all turn 33!

Nx

I once took my eldest daughter to buy new trainers and called the Nikeeee instead of Nike (if you know what I mean) she was sooooo embarrassed that her mum was not "up with the latest trends" that she would not go with me shopping again I started to laugh quite loudly in the shop as well! :D

This I found was a good way to er how shall I say it, get revenge, get your own back, without hurting anyone.

I am sure they were only having a bit of fun at your expense and would not have meant to hurt you for the world.

And i bet they were dead excited cos it was their mum's birthday.

Early photographs of them as young ones also does the trick! :)

(I used to threaten them with this one with a smile on my face, so they knew I was joking, oh! the good old days) we were always teasing each other.
  • ninakang
    Options
    Oh I love to embarrass Ellen, who's 11.

My best one was in Wilkos at Xmas, I was singing and dancing along to a Hannah Montana microphone, Ellen walked off pretending she didn't know me and then I realised a man was watching me! I said to him "I am with my daughter, I don't just come into shops singing and playing with toys" but he replied "I was just wondering what you were going to do for an encore!"

Ellen was far more embarrassed than me, I just thought it was really funny :-) I also bought one of those horse's heads on a stick for children to trot along too - very cool with sounds in the ears like clip clopping and neighing - I rode that around the store and kept pressing the buttons through town.

Last year, in the Disney Store, I pointed out some Camp Rock stationery and said "Oh look, this HSM stuff is on sale". Ellen said "That's Camp Rock!" I said I thought they were the same - they have the same colours and the same vacant looking people!

My youngest two are 7 and 6 and don't get embarrassed (yet) - they still think I'm very cool :-)

Nx