school's back, but for how long

Options
maud48
maud48 Member Posts: 170
edited 13. Jan 2010, 09:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
Halleluiah my grandson went back to school today. Found out last night the school was open today so had a large gin and tonic and went to bed with a detective book to celebrate.
Not sure how long it will stay open as more snow is forecast for Wales. We havent' seen any of it yet but I believe there's some in the hills.
Elizabeth hope your kids got back to school today as you have so much to cope with and I'm sure you need a rest,
maudxx

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,481
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Maud
    Mine went back last week on Thursday and on friday the head told 'em they wouldn't be in today!!! What is he psychic??? Nothing wrong today they just got exams occuring....
    I for one want a decent explanation for it...
    Glad your Grandson is back and hope you enjoyed the rest and your batteries are recharged a bit?
    Love
    Toni xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Maud,
    Missed a few days last week.Daniel is okay now he is older as he is obsessed with the computer.He will sit for hours looking at maps,cars,history!Long gone are the days when he caused mayhem.
    However you will have to look at A&E thread to see everything is not brilliant!OH is in a stress mood and has banned Daniel using the laptop.
    Now heavy snow is heading your way for tomorrow.10cm they say.So it might be another day at home for your grandson.I do hope you can cope.I remember how awful it used to be.
    Take care
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • miss_l
    miss_l Member Posts: 138
    Options
    I think were the only school in the Midlands that hasnt closed or had at least one snow day - i feel slighlty cheated!!
    The ground is terrible at school and is literally a sheet of ice, were having to pen the poor kids in - which them being upto 18 and mostly over 6ft and me only 5ft 2 makes it interesting!!
    Stay safe
  • maud48
    Options
    School closed again, I'm getting really fed up now,
    maud
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Hiya Maud

It's rubbish, isn't it? I've been texted by the school to say the afterschool clubs have been cancelled. Only given me 2 hours' notice to pick up my kids an hour earlier!

Nx
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi Maud,
    Dans bus turned up.We had to go the hospital for Lucy today so I informed Dans school not to bring him home early without ringing to check we were there.They asked if we would keep him home cos there was a chance this would happen.But we sent him in cos hospital is close to his school and told them we would pick him up if needed.
    Other son has just rang to say coming home early today.I gave him a pre-school pep talk to check we were home.He is also on autistic spectrum so common sense does not come naturally!
    Hope you are coping.I am sure things are difficult for you as I remember it was for me.I used to stick on videos(bad mother but I needed rest and no rushing about).I expect you are alone.
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,481
    Options
    Hi Maud
    Mine closed again too :(:(
    Two 14/15 yrr old got exam tomorrow so I guess they will be in for an hour!!!
    Mad
    it's all mad
    Sorry I hope you are ok and that everyone else is too.
    I saw the news about that earthquake and remembered that we are all alive and safe - albeit a bit p***d off :wink:
    Love
    Toni x
  • maud48
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth,
    It's not too bad, and yes I use the TV and video as babysitters. He also likes the computer but can't read yet so gets into some muddles with it so it's a bit of a mixed blessing.
    Hopefully things will sort out soon and we'll be able to get back to some sort of normality - Ollie is like your Daniel and needs routine and structure so it's hard for him.
    Can't help being cynical - there are 5 schools in our town and ours is the only one closed today and we haven't got any snow at all.
    How's the ear? My son also had to have an anaesthetic to remove his seed. Was Daniel upset about losing the mirror from his camper van? Ollie's got one and it's one of his favourite toys, he'd be really upset if it got broken,
    maudxx
  • tkachev
    Options
    He wasnt upset about the car as he flits from favourite to favourite but very upset about the ear.At first I thought he had a cold so gave him calpol but gradually worked out what happened!
    Daniel always used to break things but has now worked out there are consequences.He threw a laptop out the window once to see what would happen(having watched people do the same on you tube).He can now read quite well.With the computer that is not always a good thing.
    Headteacher at Daniels school is great and wouldnt cancel unless forced to.He expects the staff to get in,he always does regardless.He is very caring.
    Hope your hubby is home soon
    elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein