Annebr - have you heard about work yet?

ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 24. Jan 2010, 18:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have been catching up on posts and picked up that Anne visited a company she previously worked for to see if they had any work for her yesterday (that sentence made sense in my head).

Just so she doesn't miss it, I've created a new topic because I MUST KNOW! Anne - are you starting work again, then? Please don't keep me waiting, I'm far too nosey!

Nx

Comments

• annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Nina,

The 'chat' went well as I had worked for them before it was pretty informal more catching up. There is one role but he would like me to come in for something else which they don't have budget for. There are a couple of people in for the role that has funding but it did sound positive.

He will be in touch next week to let me know.

Anne
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Anne,

Will keep my fingers crossed for you as well. Cris x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    my fingers crossed as well for u let us know when u do as we love good news val
    val
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Thanks Anne

Keep us posted, my fingers are also crossed

Nx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Anne,

Will keep my fingers crossed for you as well. Cris x
    Me too Anne :)
    Love
    Toni xx
  • annebr
    Jan,

You can uncross your legs to put the kettle on but you must cross them again as soon as you have made your tea. No news yet but if I don't get this one I will start putting my cv out.

Anne
  • annebr
    Update!!

Got told unofficially last week the job was mine. Got the formal offer yesterday and the money they were offering was low so I said No. My body might be wonky but my mind isn't.

Today they called me again and upped the offer, which I have now accepted. Just got to get the offer in writing and the security checks and then it's back to work for me.

Keep your fingers crossed for a lottery win this weekend.

Anne
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    annebr wrote:
    Update!!

Got told unofficially last week the job was mine. Got the formal offer yesterday and the money they were offering was low so I said No. My body might be wonky but my mind isn't.

Today they called me again and upped the offer, which I have now accepted. Just got to get the offer in writing and the security checks and then it's back to work for me.

Anne

that great news so pleased you held out for what you r worth .
    a122.gif
    val
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    It's always great to have some good news!

k020.gif

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    annebr wrote:
    Nina,

The 'chat' went well as I had worked for them before it was pretty informal more catching up. There is one role but he would like me to come in for something else which they don't have budget for. There are a couple of people in for the role that has funding but it did sound positive.

He will be in touch next week to let me know.

Anne

Hi Anne

Good, very pleased for you. Please don't forget we are all still here won't you??

I would not like to loose you as a friend, :D None of us would.

Lots of love and fingers crossed for you.

Trisher rxxxx
  • annebr
    I will still be logging on, don't worry you don't get rid of me that easily!

I was surprised that they called back today and upped the offer but I am worth it!!

Must admit think it will be tough going back full time. It's quite a demanding role.

Anne
  • annebr
    Bit worried about that. Plus it's a large american investment bank who likes you to work long hours. Will just need to see how it goes.

Anne
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    annebr wrote:
    Update!!

Anne

HI Anne, only just seen this thread -- so am very late in saying WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow what great news I really hope things work out for you.